Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris Johnson / Jennifer Arcuri

Well slap me vitals

PM won't face investigation over his relationship with Ms Arcuri.

Corruption and bribery only happens in other countries, folks.

Comment

Have we not knighted Boris yet? It's unseemly for our glorious PM to be of a lower rank than his opponent at the dispatch box.

Comment

After all he’s been through.

Comment

With Harry renouncing his title surely there’s space to make Boris a Duke of somewhere?

Comment

Some of the juicy bits

Perhaps the most colourful quote in the document from from another L&P email. It shows one person's assessment of the pair, in relation to a ?1,500 payment: "She's [Ms Arcuri] is very good at name dropping and has Boris eating out of her hand ... so we need to help where we can; as she's prone to a whinge."
            The IOPC reviewers were concerned some relevant evidence may have been deleted

Both this review and the GLA were apparently made harder by, the review says, "the deletion of Mr Johnson's [Greater London Authority] email account and those of his appointees".

It also states: "The material stored in digital devices, email accounts and computer drives belonging to Mr Johnson while Mayor and his appointees was deleted when he left office in 2016.

"The requirement in the GLA Records Management Guidance for material concerning GLA business (which includes sponsorship and trade missions) to be transferred to executive officers prior to deletion appears not to have been followed.

"Mr Johnson's solicitors have said he has no relevant material in his custody or control, and Ms Arcuri has said that she deleted any relevant email correspondence and other electronic record". All eyes will now be on the GLA investigation.

Comment

Good lord.

Comment

https://twitter.com/David__Osland/status/1263533471487705088?s=20

Comment

nudge nudge wink wink
                  Don't put in writing - all text messages etc deleted

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1263431354173263872?s=20

Comment

Better expressed here

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1263758519989407744?s=20

Comment

or indeed here...

https://twitter.com/StephenMcGann/status/1263784901461098496?s=20

Comment

4 year affair

she received over 100000 of public money

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1376069673272418306?s=20

Comment

She received money but also got to go on official trade delegations as well. How that was allowed to happen should also be subject to scrutiny.

Today it would be seen as normal and expected in the current regime.

Comment

This affair started while his wife was having cancer treatment, what kind of a person does this?

Comment

I think that we all know the answer to that...

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                This affair started while his wife was having cancer treatment, what kind of a person does this?
                                Newt Gingrich

Comment

Chris De Burgh, there's a lot of princes out there.

Comment

I find that I'm much more sympathetic to people starting affairs while their wife has cancer than I used to be. Not that I'm saying that it's a remotely defendable action, and I'm pretty sure Johnson at least is completely undeserving of any sympathy.

Comment

Originally posted by S. aureus View Post
                                      I find that I'm much more sympathetic to people starting affairs while their wife has cancer than I used to be. Not that I'm saying that it's a remotely defendable action, and I'm pretty sure Johnson at least is completely undeserving of any sympathy.
                                      It does happen, I've known of it twice, one where a colleague who had a seriously ill husband began an open affair with another colleague.
                                      Another where the cancer sufferer himself began seeing another woman.
                                      People's relationships aren't always on the firmest ground, and the changing dynamics of a serious illness don't necessarily bring people closer together.

Johnson is, of course, still a fucking prick of the first order.

Comment

Amongst the thoughts raised by others, three things came to mind:

Why is she only spilling the beans now
                                        She is only 36, wow, she looks at least 10 years older
                                        How her current husband feels reading a blow-by-blow account in the the press of his current wife being a sexual plaything for another man for four years

Comment

Comment

We've come a long way since Profumo, when this stuff dominated an entire year's politics.* Or even since Cecil Parkinson's resignation (1983). Or is it just that Johnson is Teflon because he "delivered" Brexit?

*The behaviour of government politicians has not changed - mistresses are viewed as normal perks - but the media reaction to the affairs becoming public seems to have done a 180 except maybe where the politician is black or gay.
                                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 29-03-2021, 19:41.

Comment

It is entirely due to his being favoured by virtually all of the press (it is remarkable to me that the English media have now become more unstintingly supportive of the regime than its Italia peers were under Berlusconi)

Many other politicos without such protection would have been vilified. And the fact that apparently every Tory with the ability to do so has been directing substantial public funds to their mates has silenced that line of attack from within the party

Comment

The Telegraph had an article yesterday saying Tory membership has boomed due to the "magic" of Johnson.

Comment

Working...
                                                X