Happy Work For Free Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Work For Free Day!

Yes, those lucky ones of us who are salaried staff get to work for free today! Enjoy your contribution to your company's profits!

Work For Free!

Happy Work For Free Day!

Cheers GO! At least I commuted using the free day on my railcard, so all is not lost.

Incidentally, salaried teachers get an extra day off this year.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

I've just had two days off shitting and puking with a stomach bug so they've had no profits from me. However, I don't get paid for sick days so I'm worse off and still feeling ill at my desk.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Ha ha, GO. A moment's reflection will lead a salaried employee to realise that, far from working for free in a leap year's February, he/she is still getting two days' unearned pay this month. That's less than the three days' unearned pay you get in a normal Feb, but still double the amount of the generous unearned salary which your benificent employer showers on you in April, June, September and November.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Great point g.o - would it really hurt the UK to have a bonus bank holiday every four years? feb 29th sits nicely between the Christmas and Easter breaks so we could all do with the 'bonus day off'... though, as you allude to, it wouldn't be a day off given we aren't paid to work it anyway.

Alternately they could give the economy a mini-boost and give us a wage for the day.

A moment's reflection will lead a salaried employee to realise that, far from working for free in a leap year's February, he/she is still getting two days' unearned pay this month
          And another moments reflection for those of us who's pay is pro-rata'd will mean that a lot of us will realise we have worked today for free.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Gangster Octopus wrote:
            Work For Free!
            If you mean "Arbeit macht frei," that means "work will set you free."

As kevchenko says, "arbeiten kostenlos" would be working for free.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

There are 21 week days this February, but 22 in March. Seems like February's the better deal for you.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Yup, it's that day again. And EEG is a manager's nark...

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

I found out recently that I will be working on St Patrick's Day (a Thursday this year), which is something of a pain in the balls. But then again I never do anything on St Patrick's Day except stay at home, hunkered down to avoid the dismal baying mobs roaming the streets looking for more drink.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Nicked from elsewhere, but it's a bit of a swizz that we get a 29 February rather than, say, a 31 June, but I suppose it's to avoid adding to the PC brigade's global warming.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Has anyone received a proposal from a spinster today? I haven't.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Four years ago a friend of mine received a proposal from his then girlfriend. They've still not got round to getting married, though...

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

My wife proposed to me.
                          It wasn't on 29th Feb though.
                          A number of people (mainly I'm sad to say, women) asked me "is she allowed to do that?!"
                          To which I replied "She's allowed to do anything she fucking likes. It is after all, the 21st fucking century."

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Did they come to the wedding?

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Today is also the day the banks rob you of a day of interest.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

2015 started on a Thursday. So there's 52 full weeks plus one spare working day in 2015 - so 261 working days.

2016 started on a Friday. So there's 52 full weeks plus two spare days. But the 365th day is a Friday so the 366th day is a Saturday - so still 261 working days (and would be even if there was no 29th February).

260 working days next year though because the 365th day is a Sunday.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

Antepli Ejderha wrote: Today is also the day the banks rob you of a day of interest.
                                  If they're anything like my bank, they haven't been giving any interest for the last couple of years anyway. Not a penny into anything but my ISA.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

I like to think of it as Rent For Free Day.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

My Dad always had a plan, a bit similar to leap years, which he'd have implemented had Ted Heath ever made him Home Secretary. It went along the lines of this. Everyone would put their clocks forward ten minutes, every day, Monday to Saturday. Incrementally, you wouldn't notice it. Okay it would be a bit darker on Friday morning on your way to work (but then it would be lighter leaving for the pub). Then, on Sunday, put the clocks back an hour and you get an extra hour in bed. Every week.

Comment

Happy Work For Free Day!

One of my dad's colleagues was born on Feb. 29. He celebrated a combination "Sweet Sixteen" birthday/retirement party.

Comment

Yay! Not working!

Comment

Working...
                                          X