No announcement yet.

Is a Virtual ‘Thon a possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although Bellthorpe in Australia does include two players who batted together, which is probably less usual

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
      Ah, right. In that case: name a place which contains the surnames of two different C21st Test cricketers?

Comment

Ah, right. In that case: name a place which contains the surnames of two different C21st Test cricketers?
        Crawley.

Comment

Haha!

Name a place which contains the surnames of two different C21st Test cricketers who don't share the same family name?

Comment

What is the plural of Cleethorpe?

I'm looking forward to your quiz, Sporting. I've often thought a virtual OTF quiz would be fun but, you're right - it would probably work better as a conversation springboard rather than a stand-alone quiz,

Comment

I think I have some decent questions. Problem always is pitching them between piss easy and downright impossible.

Comment

Thon tomorrow. I now have an account that I believe is not restricted by time and where you don't need me to let you in. Will post the link just before 1500 EST.

Comment

I can't be there tonight Satchmo, so I hope that your account works OK. Just to say, my understanding of the Zoom Pro account is that you as host will still need to let people in.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
                    Next 'Thon will be Saturday January 23rd 1500 EST
                    Is that 2000 UTC?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                        I can't be there tonight Satchmo, so I hope that your account works OK. Just to say, my understanding of the Zoom Pro account is that you as host will still need to let people in.
                        Thanks John. I will see how it goes.

Comment

I intend to attend. If any attendees have a cat, can they bring it along and get it to do this?

https://twitter.com/twcuddleston/status/1352664361517641733

Comment

I'm planning to be there. (In trousers, for the avoidance of any doubt.)

Comment

Peter and I will do our best to be there, at least for a little bit. I have a lot to do today, including going out to pick up my new eyeglasses, which have arrived not one day too soon (it has been agonizing at the end of every day on the computer).

Comment

Haha!

Name a place which contains the surnames of two different C21st Test cricketers who don't share the same family name?
                                Collingwood (Paul Collingwood and Mark Wood)

Comment

I'm still refining the question.

Name an English town which contains..."

Comment

Phonetically my home town combines Sid Barnes and Brett Lee but the former was 1948 not c21st.

Comment

I plan to be there.

Comment

What time?

Comment

In less than an hour.

Comment

Here goes

https://hodges.zoom.us/j/98095933202...FvT1Y5cXp6Zz09

Comment

Due to house move problems causing Internet issues so I'll be unlikely to join, which British football stadium has 2 current England cricket teammates in it?
                                              Last edited by nmrfox; 23-01-2021, 20:33.

Comment

Six of us here. No need to queue to get in (I'm not screening entry)

Comment

Hot Pepsi is live on location

Comment

I've had to drop out to set up an online poker game, but good to put a few more faces to names and thanks for setting it up Satch.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X