Is a Virtual ‘Thon a possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
    Bugger. Count me in this demographic too. Clean forgot it was 'due' this weekend, and didn't see the thread had sprung back to life this evening until just now, way too late. Sorry to miss you all on this occasion guys, but will look forward to the next one and try to do a better job of poking my head in.
    Yep, same deal here. I’d started watching a film and ‘twas too late by the time I’d realised this was live. Guess there were quite a few of us absent...

Comment

Whereas the sudden appearance of the link as I happened to be watching meant that I was in before shyness could get the better of me.

Comment

It's next weekend, is that correct?

Comment

But we’ll all be in the pub, liberated by Boris

Comment

In answer to Sporting, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
              But we’ll all be in the pub, liberated by Boris
              Maybe, maybe not - most pubs will resemble those kitsch old Alpine 'weather houses' (one in, one out).

Apart from yer Wetherspoons, most of which will have around 500 punters and zero staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                It's next weekend, is that correct?
                Saturday July 4th. The next one I can host after that is Saturday August 1st, so someone would have to step in to do July 18th. The main burden of hosting is moderating for entry and sound issues but the time flies very quickly. Creating and posting the link takes seconds and could be done 15 minutes beforehand on this thread, provided people know it's happening.

Comment

So that's independence day. I look forward to meeting lots of drunk Americans gorging themselves on pecan pie

Comment

...in their MAGA hats, no doubt.

Comment

Can we book a special guest to add some class to proceedings?

Comment

Nice idea

Comment

Yes, nice idea. If I had a stable of goats like that, though, I'd name the male ones things like "Roger", "Rafa" or "Lionel".

Comment

Surely you wouldn't have one called Rafa and one called Roger?

Comment

Greatest Swiss Tennis Goat and Greatest Spanish Tennis Goat.

Comment

I think the goat on grass will do better than the goat on clay

Comment

As a senior member of this forum (albeit currently banned) puts it, better GOTE than LOTE (greater and lesser of two evils, aka England and Pakistan cricket )

Comment

A reminder that I'm doing this Saturday: I will put the link here just before 3pm EST and start letting people in straight away. We need a volunteer to host July 18th.

Comment

I can't make this week. May be able to host the 18th (though maybe not to gone-midnight UK time).

Comment

Same here.

It is a bank holiday weekend for USians, which may complicate things

Comment

I didn't think that US Bank Holidays carried over.

Comment

I'll be around. I guess I can take some time off from playing Animal Crossing to chat with you goofballs.

Comment

Are we still on for a couple of hours' time?

Comment

Think so

Comment

Link

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/7195656862...NrbStlQ3FOdz09

Password 566850

See you at 3pm EST
                                                  Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 04-07-2020, 17:51.

Comment

Great stuff Satch, many thanks. Hopefully I'll be able to look in in around an hour's time or thereabouts.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X