• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have opened a meeting with this link:

https://us04web.zoom.us/j/7667197978...V5dkUzQm5OQT09

Capybara is with me.

Comment

I just got a call from my boss. A client needs something right away, so I won't be able to join you today.

Comment

we're on

Comment

Any chance someone can let me in?

Comment

We are still on if anyone else wants to come in. If there is a delay for a minute or two letting you in, it will be because I'm making a cup of coffee.

Comment

Still going, if you haven't been before drop in and say hello.

Comment

Good to talk to you briefly guys. Look forward to next time

Comment

Something was wrong with my connection

Comment

Try again, everyone welcome!

Comment

Lovely to see people. Thanks to Satchmo for setting it up.

Comment

Ditto.

Comment

Thanks SD for putting it together - good talking to you all.

Comment

Just finished after 4 hours. Thanks to all who attended - I think we had 11 or 12 over the 4 hours although only a maximum of 8 at any one time. I think the group being smaller encouraged everyone to engage; nobody was just there as a spectator. We all got along and I think there was roughly a 50/50 UK/US split in the second half (the first half is typically Europe-based posters with US ones gradually joining, which makes for a nice spread of topics).

It's fairly easy for anyone to host this - just generate and post a link* - provided you're willing to monitor the screen for people needing to be let in and to mute and message anyone whose sound is playing up and affecting the feed.

*No password needed as the moderator can make a judgment call on whom to admit and I recognized all the names.
                            Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 20-06-2020, 23:12.

Comment

Fuck me. I didn't even know this was happening.

Comment

I'll be happy to host the next one on July 4th (or 11th if that's better for folks). The best thing to do is just for the host to post up a link to this thread on the day.

Comment

I might do one at some point, but the camera makes me mad uncomfy.

Comment

Either of those dates work for me. Sorry I missed out on today's meeting. Our clients are happy now, though. Hopefully they'll take tomorrow off.

Comment

Came to OTF to post something else and saw this thread, I have been busy most prior Saturdays so it was nice to finally join. Sorry that Reed was having tech issues.

Comment

Sorry I couldn't make it today.

Spoony, you don't have to be visible. The famous "Francis the Talking Drug Mule" just had a black screen with his name in large letters. If you just put up Tait Tower we would all know it was you.

Comment

Tait Tower and a load of swears.

Comment

Ya bas.

Comment

Originally posted by WOM View Post
                                              Fuck me. I didn't even know this was happening.
                                              Bugger. Count me in this demographic too. Clean forgot it was 'due' this weekend, and didn't see the thread had sprung back to life this evening until just now, way too late. Sorry to miss you all on this occasion guys, but will look forward to the next one and try to do a better job of poking my head in.

Comment

It was good though I too had connectivity problems. Nice to see new faces.

Comment

Ah, I forgot as well, mainly because I couldn't host last night like I had before, as Signora Rogin was using our account. I should have said that before Saturday. Glad to hear Satchmo has taken up the host reins as I think I'd prefer to join in in future as a participant than host. Will a 4 July one be on or will all the US OTFers be partying elsewhere?

Comment

Woo, yeah, I'll be partying in the kitchen instead of the living room.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X