No announcement yet.

Is a Virtual ‘Thon a possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may pop into one but at the moment life is all over the place. Still haven't sorted broadband for my new gaff.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
      I'll try and PM everyone who expresses an interest then.
      Don’t go to all that trouble just because I said so, ad hoc is probably right, and when I was doing the PMs I found some issues where my “message centre” kept filling up.

Comment

So, the previous 'thon was a great success by all accounts. What was the etiquette of the event? How did you avoid people talking over or inadvertently interrupting each other?

Comment

Oddly it just sorts itself out. There's a bit of overlapping, but that's more due to timezone / zoom lag than anything else.

Comment

Some of us (guilty!) tended to speak more than others.

Comment

Ditto, probably. (I'd been on another Zoom and had had a few by then, however...)

Comment

Zoom being the present-day excuse for getting cut, obviously.

Comment

Everyone just shouted, really loudly until all but one gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
                    Zoom being the present-day excuse for getting cut, obviously.
                    Well - let's face it - it just is, isn't it?

Comment

I have a standing series of video chats with a group of friends on Saturday evenings. If it ends in time, I am really rather interested in joining this one (so Rogin, if you go the PM route, please include me). But it might not pan out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                        So, the previous 'thon was a great success by all accounts. What was the etiquette of the event? How did you avoid people talking over or inadvertently interrupting each other?
                        I think there's a small number of people who are natural initiators - like Ursus and Sporting, maybe me* - and they get identified early by the others who take a back seat until they get a question or topic with which they are totally comfortable.

I will be sorry to miss the meeting but had already made a commitment elsewhere. I'm sure this will become a monthly thing, however, so look forward to future participation.

*Perhaps because that's part of our day jobs: I was never an initiator before I started teaching in Florida.

Comment

I'll try and drop in, too

Comment

Me too.

Comment

I’ll try.

Comment

I hope to show up for part of it, if that fits with Mrs Gauss's plans.

Comment

So I can’t guarantee but would like to pop in if I can- dress code is specs and grey hair? Or is it full kit this time?

Comment

Me again please and I look forward to meeting you all again.

Comment

Originally posted by Felicity, I guess so View Post
                                      So I can’t guarantee but would like to pop in if I can- dress code is specs and grey hair? Or is it full kit this time?
                                      The only football shirts allowed are Canvey Island, as I understand it.

Comment

I do not have grey hair. Guilty on the specs front, I counted 14 pairs of glasses out of 18 at one point. And I was one of 3 flagrant (and fragrant, no doubt) smokers.
                                        Might drop in again, my wife was more annoyed at me not contributing rather than being on the chat, she was perhaps relieved that you really are all middle aged men with glasses.

Comment

I wouldn't be sure it was FIGS if he wasn't wearing a Basque cycling jersey.

Comment

In the two weeks since the last one my hair has now reached the point where I resemble Jamie out of Jamie and his Magic Torch.

Comment

Any link yet?

Comment

I hope to pop along too.

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

I was sure I posted in here but it maybe got lost in the hack. I'll try to make it this time.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X