Is a Virtual ‘Thon a possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchmo Distel View Post
    I will be back to host the next one. Could someone kindly post all the usernames who attended?
    From memory, Rogin, Various Artist, Tactical Genius, Cal Alamein, nmrfox, Sporting, Gangster Octopus, pebblethefish, Jah Womble and me. Sorry if I've missed anybody.

Comment

How league medals are distributed:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...nners-18469054

Comment

FA Cup finals: I've been to one (+replay): Man Utd - Brighton. A colleague of mine from Manchester (I was working in Witham at the time) had a spare for the first game which I went to, and when I realised that tickets for the replay went on open sale at Wembley Stadium the day after I drove down at stupid o'clock and queued up to get a pair of tickets to pay him back. The first match should have been won by Brighton; the replay was a walkover.

Comment

Vasectomy reversals:

"Whether or not a vasectomy reversal is successful may depend on what type of vasectomy you had and how long ago it took place.

For example, the more time that's passed since your vasectomy, the more scar tissue will have developed in the tubes that carry sperm to your penis.

It's estimated that the success rate of a vasectomy reversal is:
          • 75% if you have your vasectomy reversed within 3 years
          • up to 55% after 3 to 8 years
          • between 40% and 45% after 9 to 14 years
          • 30% after 15 to 19 years
          • less than 10% after 20 years"
          https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contra...-reversal-nhs/

Comment

I've been to three FA Cup finals, five League Cup finals and a European Cup final. The latter one was one I bought tickets for off a bloke in a pub in Southampton, the night before the game.

Comment

I've been to two Gillette Cup finals.

Comment

The only FA Cup Final I attended (Everton-Watford) was also via a ticket bought off a bloke in a pub (in London). The ticket had a stamp identifying it as part of Fulham's allocation.

My European Cup Final ticket (Roma-Liverpool), on the other hand, was bought at the Anfield ticket office.

Comment

Went to the European Cup Final in 92 (Bar?a v Samp). Some guy in the office bought the tickets, and we took a cab from work in Kilburn to the old Wembley.

Comment

I've been to one European Cup (CL) final, nine FA Cup finals, three League Cup finals, one European Cup Winners Cup final, one UEFA Super Cup and Lord knows how many Charity/Community Shield games.

Comment

2 x Champions League finals, 2 x Uefa/Europa league finals, 1 x FA Cup final, 3 x League cup finals, 6 x Autowindscreens/LDV Vans/Johnstone's Paints Trophy finals and 1 x Charity Shield.

Comment

Great to meet those all on last nights call. Had a fun time and so nice to meet you all in "real" life. Max had a blast too and can't wait for the next one of a couple of hours on the sofa being fussed. Though hopefully Nell may get to the next one (though her old legs aren't strong enough for a sofa leap). Till the next time - thanks.

Comment

Oh and FA Cup Final where Wimbledon mugged the culture club, 3 league Cup finals (Leicester won 2), 5 play-off finals (4 with Leicester 2-2 and Huddersfield beat Bristol Rovers in the other one) and 2 Community Shield finals, one at Filbert Street and one at Wembley (new).

Comment

Damn... I really need to pay attention so I can attend another of these. Unfortnately, I cannot offer my Zoom account for use as I have now been made redundant and no longer have access to the account. Sounds like a few of the old timers (I mean you, Femme Folle, Tactical Genius) have made an appearance and I'd love to see them face to face.

Comment

My mate is considering having the Snip reversed, but isn't convinced that it'll make a vas deferens.

I've attended FA Cup Finals at Wembley, Windsor and Dalymount. Still hoping to add Cardiff and Glasgow to the list

Quick quiz time. After failing to get into the 1986 Full Members Final (due to turnstile failure rather than my misbehaviour), which iconic US performer did I go to see instead at the Town and Country Club?

A J Geils Band
                              B Dean Friedman
                              C Stan Ridgway
                              D Jonathan Richman
                              E Johnny Thunders

Got a deserved Zoom yellow card at this weekend's West Midlands Green Conference. Star guest Clare Bailey (NI leader) didn't like my gag about it only raining twice in Belfast last week

Comment

Sorry to
                                hear that willieonefoot . Hope you’re ok, as far as you can be.

Comment

DG, I'll go with J Geils Band for your quiz question.

My cup finals are one Johnston's Paint Trophy final and one Copa Am?rica final. I've probably got the ticket for the latter somewhere in one of my drawers, and definitely have the press pass and lanyard for it, because we use it as a curtain tie.

I've been to a Pilkington Cup final as well, but that doesn't count because it wasn't (association) football.

Comment

I'll go for Stan Ridgway, in the hope you'll be able to tell us what his other songs were like, or did he just do an extended 90 minute version of Camouflage.

3 LDVs or alternative, 3 play-off finals. Lost them all.

Comment

I actually saw 4 of the 5 in their 80s heyday, the last much later. So can offer brief reviews for each, without yet confirming the answer

Geils did the hit- I've a vague memory of a human pyramid. The headline act meanwhile were giving table tennis lessons backstage

Friedman was actually invited on stage by mates in another band

Highlight from Ridgway was a number called 'Elvis's Brain', during which a plastic skull was lowered from the ceiling for Stan to head away. His timing slightly better than Doug Rougvie's

Richman as I recall did a set packed with great stuff. Bought a best of album on the strength of it

Thunders was barely awake

Ps hope to meet Foxy next time, with his fellow Leicester stalwart Ian Baraclough now in situ as NI supremo. The (Thurnby) Nirvana of the play off awaits...
                                      Last edited by Duncan Gardner; 20-07-2020, 08:58.

Comment

I saw Stan Ridgway once, supporting Pere Ubu. I couldn't tell you if he was any good, or whether he has any songs other than Camouflage.

Comment

Are people forgetting the mighty fine Wall Of Voodoo?

Comment

Well I was, clearly.

Comment

A probably not definitive list of participants so far:

Sits
                                              pebblethefish
                                              Jah Womble
                                              Hot Pepsi
                                              Everiste Euler Gauss
                                              ursus arctos
                                              johnr
                                              WOM
                                              Paul S
                                              Satchmo Distel
                                              Cal Alalmein
                                              The Awesome Berbaslug
                                              jwdd 27
                                              Sam
                                              Capybara
                                              KGR
                                              Gangster Octopus
                                              Duncan Gardner
                                              Sporting
                                              Various Artist
                                              ad hoc
                                              Balderdasha (briefly in vision)
                                              San Bernardhinault
                                              Willie1foot
                                              Antepli Ejderha
                                              Tactical Genius
                                              Rogin the Armchair fan
                                              Belhaven
                                              Femme Folle
                                              jason voorhees
                                              etienne (briefly)
                                              Jon
                                              Vicarious Thrillseeker
                                              nmrfox
                                              caja-dglh
                                              Incandenza

Who have I forgotten?
                                              Last edited by Sporting; 20-07-2020, 18:50.

Comment

Was Reed on the first one?

Comment

Reed is Hot Pepsi

Comment

That’s not a bad roll call.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X