• Show
Clear All

No People’s Front of Nepal then?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
      No People’s Front of Nepal then?
      Splitters

Comment

Hope I didn't say in the world, as it was my 3rd or 4th Moscow Mule in the copper goblet, but I would have meant "in South America" or "one of the ones in the world."

https://www.worldpoliticsreview.com/...on-the-way-out

Sam's lesson on Peron are worth their weight in gold.

Comment

Just seeing ad hoc’s post, the current time slot was suggested by me, and does sort of block the ‘thon from OTFers more than a few hours ahead of the UK or behind Sydney. ad hoc and Uncle Ethan spring to mind but I’m sure there are others.

Anyway the point is, they don’t always have to be at the same time if some are missing out.
          Very kind of you Sits. I suspect though that getting a time suitable for WA would just rule out many more participants. As with night time European kick-offs it is the price you pay for being in WA.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
            I suspect though that getting a time suitable for WA would just rule out many more participants. As with night time European kick-offs it is the price you pay for being in WA.
            I can only speak for myself, but I'm flexible. The only problem I can envisage is if the Thon coincides with football matches.

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
            Hope I didn't say in the world, as it was my 3rd or 4th Moscow Mule in the copper goblet, but I would have meant "in South America" or "one of the ones in the world."
            Definitely me misremembering. Far too much wine down the gullet...

Comment

Originally posted by jason voorhees View Post
              Sam's lesson on Peron are worth their weight in gold.
              Ha! You're too kind, jason. I'm lucky to have somehow ended up with one of seemingly about twelve left-wing Argentines who agrees he wasn't the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                I wouldn't be sure it was FIGS if he wasn't wearing a Basque cycling jersey.
                I didn’t make it in the end for what sounded another doozy.
                Euskaltel cycling kit would be the only full kit I own as it happens- 3 pairs of football shorts (Dufc, Gladbach, Argentina) but not the correct matching tops and no socks except some Napoli ones.
                I guess because I no longer play fitba but still go a bike.

Comment

Is the next Zoom Thon this coming Saturday? If so, do we already have a time set? And do those of us who haven't attended before need a link/password etc?

Comment

I could ask my technical department if one would be possible again - didn't we veer towards a 20:00 BST (19:00 UTC) start to give ad hoc a chance to join before the vampires come out round his way?

Comment

Cool. As ever I'll not be able to look in significantly before half past nine, so I'll likely miss a heftier chunk of it this time, but hopefully people will stick around like the last couple of occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Various Artist View Post
                        Cool. As ever I'll not be able to look in significantly before half past nine, so I'll likely miss a heftier chunk of it this time, but hopefully people will stick around like the last couple of occasions.
                        The last one went on for nearly four hours!

Comment

Right then, I've been down to see IT and they have set this up.

Saturday 6 June 20:00 BST (19:00 UTC)

meeting ID 849 9540 5799

password 953687

Hope you can make some or all of it.

Comment

Is that 3 ET?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                              Is that 3 ET?
                              Yup.

Comment

Wonderful. I might not be there right at the start, but I'll certainly be along at some point (and will try and drop by before it gets too late in the UK).

Comment

Might give a try to this actually!

Comment

Thanks Rogin for putting #3 together - I should be able to make some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                      Right then, I've been down to see IT and they have set this up.

Saturday 6 June 20:00 BST (19:00 UTC)

meeting ID 849 9540 5799

password 953687

Hope you can make some or all of it.
                                      Excellent work Rogin, thanks.

Comment

Excellent work Rogin, thanks.
                                        20:00 BST....Is that 5am Sydney time Sits?

Comment

Yes, 9 hours ahead in Sydney, seven hours in Perth. Love you all dearly, but not enough for getting up at 3am.

Comment

Yes... a bit too early for me. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
                                              Yes, 9 hours ahead in Sydney, seven hours in Perth. Love you all dearly, but not enough for getting up at 3am.
                                              Don't get up, stay up! You can sleep all day.

Comment

I’m thinking I may drop in later in proceedings.

And as I mentioned previously, perhaps these might evolve so there are two cycles running, favouring different batches of time zones.

Comment

Not sure if I can make it as it coincides with my birthday tapas dinner. Maybe the first 25 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post

Don't get up, stay up! You can sleep all day.
                                                    Not with Mollie the Collie around you can't. She expects her morning walk at about 5am - I might drop in after that if it is still going.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X