The Clap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Quite clearly the English anthem should be "Yesterday". It's by the country's most famous musicians
    Although only Macca from the group plays and sings on it.

Comment

Actually, that's a good shout. I wouldn't sing along as it's by the world's luckiest pub band in the world but I can see the logic.

Comment

It's another dirge, so probably apt.

Comment

There's always got to be a show off that takes things too far....

Hebridean pilot draws 'NHS' message above Yorkshire

Comment

I managed to be organised enough to actually get the kids on the front lawn for a clap this evening (previously we've either clapped from the window or completely forgotten about it until too late). My ward votes labour and the other neighbours who are outside clapping are a mix of ethnicities and ages so I feel quite positive about it. We waved to the elderly Indian couple a few doors down. I hope that the carers next door to us know that we're clapping for them too.

Comment

We forgot this week. Our Thursday routine was disrupted for various reasons and we were sitting together on respective laptops, discussing university applications (for her not me, thankfully) when daughter suddenly noticed people across the road clapping, and it was too late as they were just finishing.

Comment

I was out for a walk, not really in touch with what time it was, and wondered why somebody sudddenly started banging a saucepan in their front garden

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Has there ever been a best national anthem poll/contest on here?
                  no need-as already mentioned,italian anthem would win hands down.always make sure I catch the start of Italy games in tournaments,makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end

Comment

First time I didn't take part. For various reasons, I'm probably done with it now, although I've no issue with those who do still want to do it and certainly no issue with those who it is done for.

Comment

So the no-shows tonight were my regular 'frontline' curmudgeonly "Why don't they just pay us properly" nurse mate. However, Bored Jr was back for a bit of (socially distanced) food and had to coaxed to clap. This shows the power of having actually had to have their life saved by the NHS a couple of months ago over being a 20 year old.

Comment

The Clap for Carers should end next week after its tenth week says its founder. Right idea I think, getting rather tiresome and time to move on to something else.

Comment

Working...
                        X