Owen Jones is on Question Time tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. . . in case anyone fancies cheering him on. It'll probably be four against one.

I like to think this is a direct response to that thread started by Tubby Isaacs a few weeks' back when they had a dementedly rightwing-slanted panel.

Anyway, I think this might be the first time someone I actually know has been on QT. Hope he doesn't panic. Though I'm not gonna be able to watch it meself.

Comment

That nice young Welsh singer? Four against one indeed.

Comment

Indeed, E10. Maybe the Taxpayers Alliance were offered a place but turned it down for their own good.

I can warn you in advance Julia Meyer also appearing is an idiot. The other night she blamed the financial crash on Bill Clinton. I know he gets around a bit, but I'd be surprised if he'd been simultaneously running investment banks, ratings agencies, financial regulators and the Federal Reserve.

When an academic economist suggested the need for an industrial policy, she told them that was wrong because "the world is now bottom up". She made a City economist also on the show (who, to be fair, was OK) look like Lenin.

If you like bingo, buy as many cards as it takes till you get one with "entrepreneur" on it.

Comment

wow, cool.

Comment

I'm guessing Mr. Jones is a denizen of this board? How does he come to be a guest on there? Perhaps someone could explain for those who don't know who he is..? Please.

Comment

He's not a denizen of this board (as far as I know, anyway!)

Comment

No, he's not a Football Man.

Comment

Neither am I, but neither am I a 26-year-old who's got on Question Time.

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote:
                    No, he's not a Football Man.
                    Ah. I see. One of those.

Comment

It appears from Twitter that Julie Meyer is being her usual disingenuous irreality-based self.

Comment

Actually, you're right. [to EIM]

Anyway, Tubbs's "entrepreneurship" bingo card from your other woman gets its first cross

Comment

Well, that pissed on my comedic chips. Curse you, Jones!

And Rifle!

Comment

Jebus, what is a Julie Meyer and why does she spout such nauseatingly glib jargon?

Comment

Here you go.

Comment

So, now we have it: the Lib Dems support unpaid/slave/whatever you want to call it, labour.

G'wan Owen. Smash their fucking faces in.

Comment

Kramer actually swerved the slave labour question aided by Clarke bellowing crap beside her. Infuriating.

Comment

And they patronised Jones - "Euurgh! Angry young person!" - spectacularly.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote:
                                      Someone put that wiki entry on my Facebook page when I asked a similar question but I can't say it means much as it's composed of the same buzzword-filled gibberish (and hammering of the e-word) as her conversation.

She just ducked the question on policing because "I don't really follow that".

Comment

She is the crap she spouts.

It's all very meta.

Comment

I see. I'd be interested in reading his book.

I started watching and thought he started well and then let the others bully him a tad. Who the fuck let that Julie person on? After her then the appearance of Prescott, it became unwatchable for me.

Comment

Kenneth Clarke patronises everyone who opposes his government's insane health bill by saying we don't "understand it", and invokes the tradition of one-nation conservatism to back it.

I'm not sure even Tubbs can carry on defending the fat tobacco-shilling cunt now.

Comment

Meyer's quote "No-one under 30 thinks they work for anyone anymore", is almost a word-for-word quote of Jez from Peep Show.

People really believe that we can have a working economy where EVERYONE is a digital entrepreneur. The world is fucking mental.

Comment

She is a fucking idiot isn't she?

Comment

There was a sort of "all this scratching's making me itch" keyword malfunction from her after that last question, wasn't there. I suppose you can't bring entrepreneurship into the realm of the Lord.

Or indeed the realm of letting people who believe in the Lord get on with their business over there and not bothering them. Even Kenny C couldn't come up with anything except "anti-religion [which doesn't exist] is boring".

Why do you lot watch this shit? It's like the world's most boring circus.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X