The thread devoted entirely to jaffa cakes and "jaffa cakes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post
    Eat 'em - if 2020 has taught us anything, it's to take nothing for granted and life's too fucking short.
    Thanks for your nihilistic encouragement. They're tasty.

Comment

Cross-promotion ;

https://twitter.com/camsell59/status/1309425397260529664?s=21

Comment

The clear window in that packaging bothers me more than it ought to. And that's why I voted to leave the EU.

Comment

Football Gums?

Comment

Originally posted by Sits View Post
            Football Gums?
            Bit of a People's Front of Judea / Judean People's Front situation with Sports Mix, that one. Only with more liquorice involved.

Comment

Not going back through 18 pages to check, but has anyone mentioned these yet? They’re like small JCs with very dry sponge.

Comment

They came up as early as page one. The verdict wasn't kind, with the dryness a major plank of the prosecution's case.

Comment

Only a matter of time before we get Jaffa Cake-scented pyjamas.

Comment

I was in M&S today and as part of their full on gearing up with Xmas lines they have Clementine & Cranberry Jaffa Cakes.

Ah, just seen PT's similarly festive-themed flavour which was posted a full six weeks ago.
                    Last edited by Ray de Galles; 19-10-2020, 13:43.

Comment

I've blogged about my year of Jaffa Cakes sampling and got a tweet reply from McVities.

Starting out 2021 with some half price ones from the Polish aisle in Asda

Comment

Assume you’ll be reporting back?

Comment

The only Tweet I ever received was from Marmite

Comment

Possibly because I mention jaffa cakes on there I'm now seeing McVities ads on Facebook for their new cherry flavour and passion fruit flavour jaffa cakes.

Meanwhile Mrs Thistle bought me some M&S raspberry jaffa cakes and they are delicious.

Comment

I'd certainly like to try the passion fruit ones. I love passion fruit.

Comment

McVitie's Tweeted you, but didn't send you a load of samples?

I rang Burton's to settle a bet about Wagon Wheels when I was 17 and working in my first office. The person who answered the phone asked kindly "is it for a school project"? I said yes, as I was a bit embarrassed, and they sent me loads of info about Wagon Wheels, but I don't think any freebies.

Tight bastards.

I don't hold out much hope for getting free custard creams, despite my fashionable influencer status.

Comment

Yonks back I rang up the Jaffaholics Anonymous helpline number off a packet of Jaffa Cakes and made the customer service person laugh because when she asked my address I told her it was meant to be anonymous. They sent me some free jaffa cake toys that were like orange Kooshs. I don't know what happened to them.

Comment

So you gave them your address anyway? Or did they trace your phone in order to send you the toys?

Comment

They made the very convincing case that they needed my address to send me freebies but my data would be safe. If you can't trust Big Jaffa, who can you trust?

Comment

When you are the first hypnotised soldier in the army the McVities empire sends to take over the world, don't come crying to me.

Comment

Isn't this why we have the United Biscuits?

Comment

THEY ARE HERE

Comment

According to the packaging on those, people who are into jaffa cakes are jaffanatics. Not keen on that label tbh.

I've also got a packet of Schar gluten free raspberry jaffa cakes to see what they're like (and because they were cheap in Home Bargains)

Comment

Are you now officially an influencer?

Comment

That's for young people deciding what's in. I'm an outfluencer because I'm way out.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                                    jaffanatics
                                                    I feel nauseous.

I think passion fruit will work really well - it's got that citrusy tartness despite not actually being citrus.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X