The thread devoted entirely to jaffa cakes and "jaffa cakes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
    Now the big question is, do I keep these until Christmas?

Amazingly, six months almost to the hour after PT posted the above, I've just dug out from the cupboard a pack of the very same 'festive' orange & cranberry Jaffa Cakes I bought before Christmas. The best-before date was January 2nd, so I can't help but feel I should've got around to eating them a tad more promptly, but even so they seem fine – a pretty good flavour with a touch of cranberry depth to the orangey bit.

Have simultaneously cracked open a pack of pineapple ones too (best before next month, at least) and am trying to work out if I like them. There's a bit of an 'artificial' flavour, in the way that pineapple-flavoured sweets tend to taste of pineapple flavour rather than of pineapple, but it's palatable enough.

Comment

Australian readers, I bring important news: these items, to which I was introduced today, are very much in the Spirit of Jaffa Cake:

Comment

https://twitter.com/rubyetc/status/1390367114293358595

Comment

Whoah, those look ill-conceived enough to suggest that McVitie's have poached the product development team from KFC.

Comment

Oooooooh.

Comment

It's not the only thing against it but doughnuts are not items with long shelf lives. The only good doughnuts are ones made on the day you're eating them.

Comment

I'd definitely fancy trying a real doughnut with a chocolate glaze and a "smashing orangey" filling.

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                  It's not the only thing against it but doughnuts are not items with long shelf lives. The only good doughnuts are ones made on the day you're eating them.
                  That's what struck me. Don't give us Twinkies and tell us that they are eclairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                    I'd definitely fancy trying a real doughnut with a chocolate glaze and a "smashing orangey" filling.
                    Pretty sure that Greggs have been doing them for about a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Pretty sure that Greggs have been doing them for about a decade.

Ah, OK. I guessed that they were probably available somewhere.

I'm not much of a sweet treat enthusiast but I might pop into Greggs next time I'm near a branch.

Comment

Maybe we should have a Greggs appreciation thread. Their vegan sausage rolls are really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post

I'm not much of a sweet treat enthusiast but I might pop into Greggs next time I'm near a branch.
                          Surely everyone in the UK's near a branch of Greggs? Bloody hell, there's six within about five miles of me.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Colours Red View Post

Surely everyone in the UK's near a branch of Greggs? Bloody hell, there's six within about five miles of me.

It's 2.4 miles to my nearest one, but I've got no intention of travelling there just for a bleedin' doughnut!

Comment

I think Southport might be amongst the bigger Greggs deserts in the country - the nearest branch is at a garage in Formby, about six miles away. The closest dedicated shop is eleven miles away in Crosby.

There used to be a Greggs in Southport but it closed perhaps ten years ago.

Comment

" This town, is becoming like a ghost town "
                                " all the Greggs are being closed down "

Comment

We have a fine local bakery in my part of the city and it has seen off at least two if not three attempts to open a Greggs nearby. However there is one over by the football ground, and there are loads in the city centre and elsewhere. It feels like you are never more than a few hundred metres from a Greggs.

You can also buy Greggs pasties in Iceland to cook at home.

Comment

As I've mentioned before, we in north-west London have Wenzel's. Much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                      As I've mentioned before, we in north-west London have Wenzel's. Much better.
                                      They are good. The nearest ones to here are Ealing and Shepherds Bush, which is out of range for a bakery trip, but hopefully they'll come to Chiswick or Acton soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                        You can also buy Greggs pasties in Iceland to cook at home.
                                        <prepares to tap in open goal; stops and walks slowly away>

Comment

Speaking of nearby Greggs. Can't say I'll be heading there myself. Bugsby's Way is a nightmare if you don't have a car.

Comment

McVities have launched blackcurrant flavour jaffa cakes. Bought a box but not sampled yet.

Comment

I don't mean to sound all "I've never seen Star Wars" but I've never been to a Gregg's. Nothing against them, I've just never felt the urge.

Comment

You should go, they're more or less ok sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                                  I don't mean to sound all "I've never seen Star Wars" but I've never been to a Gregg's. Nothing against them, I've just never felt the urge.
                                                  If there's a Gregg's and a pub in the same street, surely there's no real choice to make.

Comment

Totes - it's Gregg's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X