Novara Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novara Media

I am listening to perhaps the leading economic historian of our times, Adam Tooze discussing the implications of the financial crisis of coronavirus on the world.

He is speaking one on one interviewed by Aaron Bastani about what has happened and what might happen in the most astonishing times the world has seen for many years,

Why is he not available on say the BBC? At the very best Evan Davis would give me three minutes of what he thinks Adam Tooze said.
    Last edited by Nefertiti2; 14-04-2020, 19:44.

Ta, will listen to this later.

Comment

Tooze has a good long piece on the same topic in the current LRB

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        Tooze has a good long piece on the same topic in the current LRB
        Yes and a piece in the Guardian too

How coronavirus almost brought down the global financial system

With that headline it's kind of astonishing that he isn't on other media,

Novara media - which I've not watched regularly- did him proud.

Comment

Well, he is of course at that remote outpost otherwise known as the leading university in the US' largest city and media capital, so the logistics of having him appear on British television must no doubt be daunting

Comment

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
            I am listening to perhaps the leading economic historian of our times, Adam Tooze discussing the implications of the financial crisis of coronavirus on the world.

He is speaking one on one interviewed by Aaron Bastani about what has happened and what might happen in the most astonishing times the world has seen for many years,

Why is he not available on say the BBC? At the very best Evan Davis would give me three minutes of what he thinks Adam Tooze said.
            That was very good, thanks for posting N.

Comment

You're welcome. I'm just astonished, as I've said, that someone so knowledgeable and so clear about something that affects us all is not much more in evidence.

Comment

Working...
              X