Mac OS advice (old OS install)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac OS advice (old OS install)

I'm hoping that some collision of Mac users and tech skills collide here.

I have an old Macbook Pro laptop. I was having massive problems with the logins being corrupt so I erased the HD with Disk Utility. The original OS was Lion, which is what I would like to use because there are a few video-related software programs I need that won't run on a post-Lion OS. I now have a new Macbook Pro, so this old laptop will strictly be used to run old software that are no longer made or have not been updated. The problem is that when I re-boot the Apple Store wants to pull High Sierra since the laptop will work with that as the last OS.

I found a solution to force Lion as the option (Shift+Option+Command+R) but it seems that Apple blocks that OS when a more updated OS can be loaded. I get a two-thousand hour time and then the Lion download stops after a few seconds and an error is listed.

I found another workaround described here: https://osxdaily.com/2011/07/08/make...b-flash-drive/

Using a download of the OS I found on-line, all of the steps work from that link I just posted except that when I try to load from the SD card via Disk Utility, Disk Utility grays out the Lion OS. So, given that set-up to my problem, does anyone have any advice about what I should do to move that Lion DMG contents to load that OS onto the Macbook?
Working...
X