photo resizing help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

photo resizing help needed

I'm trying to put a new picture on my Twitter background. It's too big, but resizing it with Paint doesn't help; it just reduces the resolution. How would people do this?

IrfanView is my weapon of choice for quick editing images.

Comment

Same problem with that. However I resize it, Twitter takes the same portion of the photo. I've reduced the image from 1.36MB to 6.3KB, from full size to 210x100, but it refuses to recognise the whole image. Weird.

Comment

Not sure I entirely understand the issue, but if Twitter is always cropping the same bit, maybe create a bigger picture with a white/transparent background where the cropping happens. That way the cropped image will be your original image.

Comment

Is it too big to email? Could send to it to me and I can Photoshop it, will DM (hoho) you.

Comment

And yes, GY’s solution works, in Photoshop you make the canvas bigger and the pic sits in the middle of it.

Comment

Thanks both of you. I'll just have to keep on trying things. GY, the full size image is too big so the Twitter background can only show a bit of it, but when I reduce the size of the pic it just keeps showing the same bit rather than showing the whole image.

edit - cool, I'll try that MsD!

Comment

Are you saving it as a new image when you resize?

Comment

Yes. Might retake the photo from farther away, that could do it.

Comment

Probably redundant, but you have looked at this right?

Comment

Yeah, thanks. I took some more pics and came up with one I'm reasonably happy with even with the Twittercrop (it cuts off everything above the TARDIS windows and below the komodo's tongue).

Comment

Now you tell me! I just resized the other one. But yeah, that will work. You need wide Cinemascope images, basically.

Comment

Please send it anyway, it might be better!

Comment

Nah, this will work, the other one is too square.

Comment

You have leet skillz on the old Photoshop, I really like that and I've used it. Thanks!

Comment

I'm now hoping there's a stop-motion Godzilla-style short movie being made somewhere in Bloomsbury. A lizard escaped from the Coram's Fields petting zoo and fell into the MRI scanner at Great Ormond Street. It mutated. And has already eaten the tardis which means it has more space on the inside than out, and that makes it impossibly hungry unable to fill its stomach. Will our heroine be able to stop it before it eats the Brunswick Center...

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post
                                  Yeah, thanks. I took some more pics and came up with one I'm reasonably happy with even with the Twittercrop (it cuts off everything above the TARDIS windows and below the komodo's tongue).

There's an open goal for a 1970s BBC special effects budget joke there... but I've gone all Ronnie Rosenthal.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                    I'm now hoping there's a stop-motion Godzilla-style short movie being made somewhere in Bloomsbury. A lizard escaped from the Coram's Fields petting zoo and fell into the MRI scanner at Great Ormond Street. It mutated. And has already eaten the tardis which means it has more space on the inside than out, and that makes it impossibly hungry unable to fill its stomach. Will our heroine be able to stop it before it eats the Brunswick Center...
                                    Well, y'know I was suggesting something like this to my mate. I suggested she could play the Doctor, but she said she'd rather play the Master. Our effects budget is very limited though. Never mind CGI, we can't even afford CSO.

Komodo looks more menacing in the one MsD sorted for me.

Comment

Working...
                                    X