Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
        Fuck me.
        That was number 11...

Comment

That's my MP, look at him go! Cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Discordant Resonance View Post
            Are we sure Fine Gael didn't write these ten points?

https://twitter.com/Ciara87C/status/1441061121033523213
            It's good to see that she's taken a break from lecturing freestaters about what it means to be a real irish person, in a manner that would terrify most self respecting harpies.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
              Rumours being punted about among those who follow these things that Wes Streeting is being primed to succeed Starmer.

Gawd help us.
              HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I want to see this happen now just for the hilarity

Comment

Rewarded? You will be rewarded? Fuck off, paternalistic nonsense.

Comment

The election of the Male Jess Phillips would be tragic and hilarious in equal measure.

Comment

It's disappeared, what did it say?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                      The election of the Male Jess Phillips would be tragic and hilarious in equal measure.
                      It would also underline the inherent sexism within the party as he gets the top job over and above actual Jess Philips

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

It's disappeared, what did it say?
                        That the GMB would support the eradication of democracy in the Labour Party only if the Party agrees to protect union jobs by not attempting to avoid the heat death of the entire planet and sack Ed Miliband into the bargain

The GMB would seem to be very cross indeed that this has been reported

Comment

The thing about Starmer is that he's a useless cunt in a useless cunt's clothing.

Politics? I shit 'em.

Comment

Points 2 and 4 would mean the abolition of private schools, making nepotism illegal, and confiscating inheritable wealth and property. I thoroughly support comrade Starmer's attempt to roll back the privilege of the ruling class.

Comment

#obviouspisstake before someone starts

Comment

Starmer was on the BBC London local news last night and seriously, bumblingly unimpressive - like even less impressive than he sounded, say, a year ago. You can see where the rumours that he might want out are coming from.

And yeah, Streeting as leader would confirm the conservative sexism of Sensible Centrism. It's the main reason Starmer got the gig in the first place in a field full of women. I mean, taking all the politics out of it, there was no way Nandy would have been a worse communicator and leader than Starmer, even though she is all over the place politically. Looking "prime ministerial" means looking white, male and middle-aged.

Comment

Starmer always looks like a daytime soap actor trying to remember his lines off the script that was given him at breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                    Defo a lizard in human skin. You can tell by the teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                      Starmer was on the BBC London local news last night and seriously, bumblingly unimpressive - like even less impressive than he sounded, say, a year ago. You can see where the rumours that he might want out are coming from.

And yeah, Streeting as leader would confirm the conservative sexism of Sensible Centrism. It's the main reason Starmer got the gig in the first place in a field full of women. I mean, taking all the politics out of it, there was no way Nandy would have been a worse communicator and leader than Starmer, even though she is all over the place politically. Looking "prime ministerial" means looking white, male and middle-aged.
                                      I remember during the CLP nominations stage of the leadership election, a not insignificant number of local parties returned a Starmer/Burgon nomination, too many to go unremarked on given that they weren't exactly easy bedfellows. There's a certain type of Labour Man who will go for the most left wing male in the field - so the only man in the leadership contest and Burgon outscoring Ian Murray on this count

I shall now also point out that every black woman who has ever contested a national leadership election in the Labour Party has finished dead last

Comment

Although in his case his script was written 20 years ago, by Peter Mandelson and David Evans, who are still pumping him full of it at every opportunity. You'd have thought he'd learned his lines by now.

Comment

This is fun https://twitter.com/TomSheldrickITV/...91687548289047

Comment

What a fucking prick. He has the blank eyed bastard expression of Robbie Keane crossed with an ill-prepared supply teacher. Fucking talk to the taxi drivers? Laughable shit, he's so fucking awful. Also, burn that suit.

Comment

Fucking shameless

https://twitter.com/johnmcdonnellMP/status/1441347521859575828

Comment

Good from McDonnell

The fear is also that the public may now have a settled opinion of Starmer and, judging from the polls, it’s not one that believes he is a prime minister in waiting. He has abandoned the platform on which he was elected Labour leader, sidelined much of the broad team that got him elected and has reached for the Blairite playbook and resuscitated Blair’s old crew of Peter Mandelson as his consigliere, combined with an appetite for internal factional purges that makes the Kinnock era look tame.

The result is we are witnessing something akin to the performance of a Blairite tribute band with the same old stunts and strategies being rolled out on schedule but with a great deal more venom. It starts with setting up a confrontation with his own party members to demonstrate the strong leader, exercising mastery over his party. Serious political analysis within the party is replaced with meaningless statements that have been focus-grouped to absolute banality. In prospect is a policy review that subjugates a meagre policy programme to the lowest common denominator demands of the rightwing media, big business and the City.
                                                https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...radical-change

Comment

Sorry to be a downer, but I'm a little uncomfortable with all this slagging off of what Streeting looks like tbh. (He looks pretty unremarkable to me.) There's enough to criticise without that.

Comment

At least they aren't teasing him for being called Wesley

Comment

Working...
                                                    X