No announcement yet.

Sir Keir Starmer - Labour Party Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because the little scrotes who work for the Labour Party don’t want Labour to win

Comment

starmer would bore the shite out of anyone

Comment

https://twitter.com/squires_david/status/1380439173081956353

Comment

Beaten to it.
          Last edited by Sean of the Shed; 09-04-2021, 11:29.

Comment

More "surprising revelations about who is on whose ignore list"

Comment

Saw it mentioned on twitter this morning that 61% of Labour members are satisfied with Starmer's performance, according to a YouGov poll. Seems surprisingly high.

Comment

The "decline of trade unions" took place over a period that included 13 years of a Labour government which seemed quite happy with that trend.

Nef, I'm not sure about the scrotes wanting Labour to lose, if by that you mean permanently lose. They surely would want power in the long run but only as a Tory-lite party, which they would be happy to spend a decade in opposition creating.

I'm sure the leadership always knew the working class was fragmenting but it assumed those people would not vote Tory so could be ignored in favour of the middle class whom Blair attracted and coveted. The idea they'd vote fascist, and the Tories would go after the fascist vote, never occured to them because they still thought of the Tories as John Major's party not Norman Tebbit's.
                Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 09-04-2021, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                  More "surprising revelations about who is on whose ignore list"
                  Thought I'd better edit it in case you were worried about your own status.

Comment

I heard Keir Starmer on the radio today. I don't think I'd actually heard him speak before. He sounds uncanny like a fake voice programmed to read out type.

Comment

See also Miliband, E.

Clearly it has been determined by some focus group that a Labour leader should never sound as if he believes what he is saying for fear of coming across as slightly threatening.
                      Last edited by Snake Plissken; 10-04-2021, 07:23.

Comment

Have we noted that shitface has decreed the UK media "not racist" over its Meghan coverage?
                        Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 11-04-2021, 12:35.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                          Have we notes that shitface has decreed the UK media "not racist" over its Meghan coverage?
                          Got to win back the Stoke Gammon demographic

Comment

https://twitter.com/stevenicksmith/status/1381225713131487233?s=21

Comment

This is the key point from Beckett's piece, and something chancers like Cruddas (along with most of the PLP and commentariat) don't want to address because of their mass gaslighting campaign towards a key part of Labour's vote:
                              But Cruddas’s book undermines itself by misrepresenting who the modern British left actually are. “Young urban educated cosmopolitan winners,” he writes, have “replaced the workers” as the left’s priority and main source of support. But today these urban radicals often are the workers: making drinks all day in cafes, riding delivery bikes in the rain. They may be well educated and cosmopolitan, but with poor wages and no job security, bad rented housing and student debt, they’re not our economy’s “winners”. Those are more likely to be found in what politicians and the media still reverently call the traditional working class – for example, the retired, formerly Labour-supporting property owners of the red wall.

Such new realities may be difficult for the Labour right to accept, having assumed for decades that the voters who matter are relatively conservative homeowners rather than 25-year-olds with blue hair. But Britain has changed a lot since Blairism’s glory days. And without a clear sense of those changes, Labour is doomed to continuing electoral underperformance, neither rightwing enough to take votes from the Tories nor radical enough to prevent defections to the Greens or leftwing Britons simply refusing to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                This is the key point from Beckett's piece, and something chancers like Cruddas (along with most of the PLP and commentariat) don't want to address because of their mass gaslighting campaign towards a key part of Labour's vote:
                                was ironic to read couple of the younger centrist journalists complaining how they would never be able to afford a place of their own and how much their landlord was making from them -given they had worked so hard to smother the electoral chances of the only political movement they are likely to see in their lifetime with a commitment to do something about it (and some chance of getting elected)
                                Last edited by Nefertiti2; 11-04-2021, 20:00.

Comment

I found out this weekend (via the medium of a crossword puzzle) that the founder of the Labour party was called James Keir Hardie. Was Keir Starmer named after him? Or is Keir a more common name that I was aware of?

Comment

Starmer is named after Hardie.

The tradition persists. Keir Williams was the Green candidate in West Bromwich in 2019. He's in his 20s

Comment

I'd be surprised if anyone called Keir isn't named for Keir Hardie.

Comment

About the only thing the two Keirs have in common is prob the racist pandering.

Comment

An average of 24 kids were given the name Keir each year in Scotland from 1974-2019, so it's not especially common, but not particularly rare either.

(source: https://scotland.shinyapps.io/nrs-baby-names/)

Comment

Yup, the child of two fellow members is called Keir for this very reason.

Comment

There's a "Keir Hardie Health Park" schmancy NHS building in Merthyr that's a base for local public health teams. You literally have to drive past a Pizza Hut, KFC and McDonald's on the road up to it off the A470. I'm not making this up.

Comment

Oliver Cromwell on line 1

https://twitter.com/garydunion/status/1381612820006076417?s=21

Comment

Loved?

hands up who „loved“ Prince Philip?

https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1381608517765844993?s=21

Comment

I mean, I'd reluctantly understand Starmer tweeting some respectful tribute to Philip on his death in his formal capacity as Leader of the Opposition, etc. But talk about going the extra five fawning miles. This is just drivel and in his forensic heart he must know it. What's more, the people he's trying to impress are probably quite capable of smelling his bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X