X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour is dead.

For fuck's sake,

Comment

Maybe the wrapping in fleg strategy suggests they'll campaign in the next Mid Antrim Council Poll

Comment

One imagines that will go as well as the rest of it.

Comment

What's conclusive for me is this. Starmer is a liar. If the pitch he had made were anything like the way he has tried to drag the party, culminating in this shit, I and many thousands of others would not have voted for him. I was duped by a liar. Similarly, I was convinced by his bold Remainer credentials. He abandoned those too. One thing centrists don't understand is that people flocked to Corbyn because he at least absolutely, stubbornly and definitely was of the left. Hence that massive boost in membership, and the honest money that entailed. I think we're looking to 2029 now and someone yet to emerge but who represents the honesty that Corbyn at least represented.

Comment

Originally posted by wingco View Post
            I think we're looking to 2029 now and someone yet to emerge but who represents the honesty that Corbyn at least represented.
            They'll be drummed out of the Party long before then. Zara Sultana and Dawn Foster will get The Treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
              Labour is dead.
              I do not say this lightly, and I take no pleasure at all from it.

But it's true.

Comment

It's sickening what Starmer is doing to Labour. It makes me angry, and I'm not even a party member. Stupid, dishonest, utterly vacuous man.

Comment

I fucking hate him. I fucking loved the Labour Party. I was a member most of my adult life and a strong advocate for them as a teenager.

I've never hated any of the Leaders before.

Comment

wingco yes, 1000 times Starmer is a liar. I didn't vote for him, happy to say, but for RLB. All the same, was prepared to giving the lying tosser the benefit of the doubt, put aside my sulking and be positive. He's just shat over our Party and he's not even ashamed, and we're supposed to say thank you, Sir, thank goodness we've got you in charge, all sensible and clever, sir, gosh we could never do any of this clever stuff, but you being a knight and a barrister an'all, you must know what you're doing.
                    The "others" are such unpleasant nonentities I can't even be bothered working up a dislike of them. They're just blanks. Cyphers.

Comment

I’ll quote someone else.

From a party with strong values, principles, and policies supported by an enthused, motivated, base to this lost, aimless, worthless shell of a party without any policy and supported by not much more than Guardian journos in just over a year is good going.
                      Clive Lewis criticised the fleg stuff. I suppose one improvement is that a single Labour MP can criticise his Party without generating “LABOUR CIVIL WAR” headlines.

Comment

Christ on a bike: this is piss-poor stuff. Still, I guess the New Blue Labour First Progress types will be delighted as they claw back a few “Foundation Seats” (lolz) at the expense of those smelly students and Metropolitan Elites. A good opportunity for Greens and LibDems to take some English city seats, I suppose, though no doubt squabbling and refusing to work together will probably let Tories in instead.

Comment

I'm thinking about the forthcoming London mayoral election.

I like Sian Berry's (Green) platform - https://leftfootforward.org/2021/02/...e-home-office/

But.

1. Talk is cheap. If she won it, would she fold like a good cheap chair?
                          2. I think S Khan has done a reasonable job.
                          3. Fear of a split vote letting that appalling Tory in.

What do others think?

Comment

You get two votes for mayor, so if you're worried about Bailey (I mean, I wouldn't worry, he's got no hope, but if you are) then you can go Green 1 Labour 2.

I was tricked into worrying about that tedious racist pig whose name I've forgotten last time and so gave a second pref to SK. I won't be doing that again.

Comment

I can't remember that one either. I wonder if the Cannabis Is Safer Than Alcohol people are standing again.

Comment

Zac Goldsmith.

Or isn't he Lord Goldsmith now, for services to dog whistling?

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Gymshorts View Post
                                  Labour is dead.
                                  People have been promising me this for years and years and years, and yet there the horrible thing is still.

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                    Zac Goldsmith.

That's the fella. Absolute filth.

I liked this short thread, on Labour and focus groups

https://twitter.com/stavvers/status/1356908219466215424

Comment

I won't vote for Khan

Khreep

There are alternative approaches to flagwaving

https://twitter.com/joecguinan/status/1356900626257637379?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post
                                        Zac Goldsmith.

Lord wasn't enough for him - didn't make him sound enough like an evil bastard trampling over his feudal serfs.

So they made him a Baron.

Comment

Pretty funny that he's wrapping the party in the union jack in the same week several pro-independence candidates were selected (in unwinnable seats) in the Welsh party.

Welsh labour don't appear too keen on this initiative.
                                          https://nation.cymru/news/health-min...t-flag-shaing/

Comment

https://twitter.com/dsquareddigest/status/1356700165139292160?s=20

Comment

Corbyn in 2019 got more Northern votes than Brown or Miliband

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1356928484455677954?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                                In a perfect world you'd see Labour going into areas that they've lost and working in them, winning them back, changing the narrative by rebuilding trust and communities and doing something substantial and showing that immigration isn't to blame for problems. But failing that they can dress as spitfire pilots and knights, chuck plastic chairs across Stoke and Burnley, and make a load of racist mugs again. The stupid fucking lazy fucking idiots.
                                                Oh, they were developing what you've asked for EIM - and have just abolished it...

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/...44232414670849

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post

Oh, they were developing what you've asked for EIM - and have just abolished it...

https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/...44232414670849
                                                  The describe it as a plan "to transform the party and remove Corbynistas from HQ"

But actually it's a plan "to ensure the party is not transformed and remove the Corbynistas from HQ"

Comment

This is actually going to be Pasokification

Comment

Working...
                                                    X