No announcement yet.

Sir Keir Starmer - Labour Party Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stood down as Secretary last night, a decision I'd made before the current fiasco but which has only been doubled-down on as a result of the anti-membership drive. I'm looking forward to campaigning on my doorstep rather than across a huge rural constituency, and maybe it will help my blood pressure to not receive any more shite from David Evans!

Comment

He's throwing a growing demographic under the bus to appease a dying one
      Yes, this is the key mistake.

Alongside this, I see another report getting a lot of airtime from Some Very Serious People urging Labour, when you strip away the verbiage, to be more racist and bigoted to win back voters in the North. Cos it's the only language those whippet-racers understand innit, beating down on the darkies?

Comment

Isn't the 'social conservatism' these reports recommend more about beating down on the LGBTIQA etc.? But either way Durham or the Black Country aren't the biggest priority for the oppo to win back- they need to up the game massively in the Tory Midlands and South.

I was struck by ex Yorkshire MP Caroline Flint talking about Darlington today- "It's not in the Red Wall and had Tory MPs regularly" [and so by implication is a bit less important]

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post

Yes, this is the key mistake.

Alongside this, I see another report getting a lot of airtime from Some Very Serious People urging Labour, when you strip away the verbiage, to be more racist and bigoted to win back voters in the North. Cos it's the only language those whippet-racers understand innit, beating down on the darkies?
          The article in The Guardian which quoted a new book by Uber cunt Paul Embrey? I was going to link to that but didn’t think anyone would think it of any value whatsoever, for some of the reasons you’ve stated.

Comment

And, despite dog whistling racistly to the northern oiks, the ethnics in the cities and youngsters have nowhere else to go! Er.

Comment

True to a point Dunc, but based on similarly reductive stereotyping. Ain't no queers or owt like that in the north. None at all.

Comment

Embery is a filthy racist piece of shit, as well as being a misogynist and a homophobe and an anti-trans bigot. And all round thoroughly unpleasant too, which is no surprise.

"Quoted in the guardian" is of no surprise, is it?

Comment

I’d never heard of the arsehole until you slaughtered him on here. I definitely preferred that. His wokerati routine is just a knock off of Littlejohn, there’s plenty of that scum out there.

Comment

He was a long-time bete noire of former OTFer Tubby Isaacs, who picked up his idiosyncratic Lexitry early doors. And as TT says he's also a bigot and a homophobe. Oh, and London-based. Pure Metropolitan, him

Comment

My FBU mates and contacts all think he's a cunt.

Comment

FFS this was Blair's philosophy from the moment he gained power and he advocated exactly the same approach in that awful series promoting centrism the Guardian ran in the run up to the election last year. As you say the fact is not only is such a philosophy offensive in its own right we're just a little bit more multi-faceted up here than that assessment of us assumes.

Comment

Hackney, Islington, Brixton, Manchester,etc, are never called Labour Heartlands, are they? I wonder why...

Comment

No whippets?

Comment

Great job Keith

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1337083298301022217?s=20

Comment

Did you all get that Policy questionnaire e.g. "tell us how we can engage with the public and win elections"? FFS.

Comment

https://twitter.com/helensclegel/status/1336815258724409354?s=21

Comment

MsD, yeah I got that survey on policy making. I don't really understand how to answer it. Which I guess is the point. Meaningless waffly bollocks

Comment

This is the kind of policy making i
                                      lkke

https://twitter.com/alanlmx/status/1337172296075792385?s=21

Starmef and Evans have pissed victory up the wall. Imagine what a United Labour Party with an activist base onside could have done over the next few weeks.

Have to rely on that favourable coverage in the Murdoch press

Comment

MsD, yeah I got that survey on policy making. I don't really understand how to answer it. Which I guess is the point. Meaningless waffly bollocks
                                        It's as though it's been written by someone who has no idea of how the Labour Party has always worked, with conferences, manifestos, motions and stuff. Sort of "hey, what about we consult our members on policies and how to reach out?" "Yeh, great idea."

Comment

It's purest Middle Management. I'm so stealing wingco's Corporate Responsibility arm of Capitalism line.

Comment

thanks Lisa

"turning things round"

https://twitter.com/lisanandy/status/1337820261442330626?s=20

Comment

man whose wife abused left wing Labour MP's, was part of a group who diverted funds to support their own candidates and who was recorded having conversation with a Tory MP in which he attacked his own party

https://twitter.com/JonAshworth/status/1337884394544107523?s=20

Comment

White replacement woman and wife of booing Millwall fan talks to Keith about why "indigenous" white Britons need the same deal as Jews get in Israel

https://twitter.com/simonk_133/status/1338430526722551815?s=20

Comment

What's the context of that conversation?

Comment

An LBC phone-in, apparently.

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1338413298820198402

Comment

Working...
                                                    X