Sir Keir Starmer - Labour Party Leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
    So Sir Keith has decided not to allow Corbyn to retake the whip. How extraordinary.
    Isn't this a bit... brave?

Comment

And I don't necessarily mean brave in a positive way.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Hang on, is Keir short for Keith? If so, I did NOT know that!
        Hehe, no.

Originally posted by EIM View Post

Isn't this a bit... brave?
        In the Sir Humphry sense, yeah? Maybe. We'll see. It's obviously directly contradictory to the EHRC report, so, yeah. Maybe he needs to get his GS bloke to suspend him, too?

Comment

That's a shame, If it was Keith against Bob, I'd engage with politics more.

Also, I've just realised that I can't remember who the Lib Dem leader is. Is it Ed, or is he one of the ones that got sacked. I'm meant to support them, so I probably should know.

Comment

https://twitter.com/samuel_pollen/status/1329026676404187137?s=21

Comment

Starmer's tweet today begins; "The disciplinary process does not have the confidence of the Jewish community." So, the "Jewish community" thinks and feels homogeneously, en bloc? Isn't that kind of a racist trope, as well as being completely inaccurate?

Comment

Parse it as "the parts of the Jewish community I'm willing to listen to or engage with" and it makes a lot more sense.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                  I've just realised that I can't remember who the Lib Dem leader is
                  That's ok, it really doesn't matter.

Comment

Back in the party but without the whip. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by wingco View Post
                      Starmer's tweet today begins; "The disciplinary process does not have the confidence of the Jewish community." So, the "Jewish community" thinks and feels homogeneously, en bloc? Isn't that kind of a racist trope, as well as being completely inaccurate?
                      Yes and yes.

Comment

The Jewish Labour Movement and The Jewish leadership Council are coming for Jews they don't like in a big way

https://twitter.com/adamlangleben/status/1328838377798557698?s=20

https://twitter.com/adamlangleben/status/1328842469388201990?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                          Back in the party but without the whip. WTF?
                          Have the Labour Party seriously backed themselves into a corner where they have to put up a candidate against an enormously popular sitting MP at the next election? Strange people.

Comment

I'd not be hugely confident that he'd stand under those circs tbh.

Comment

I agree, but if they're banking on that it's a big assumption.

Comment

Originally posted by delicatemoth View Post

Have the Labour Party seriously backed themselves into a corner where they have to put up a candidate against an enormously popular sitting MP at the next election? Strange people.
                                I’m thinking back to Labour forcing Livingstone to run for London Mayor as an independent and realised just how much Centrism is a Blair cargo cult.

Comment

They are the people who know how to do politics and the media.

https://twitter.com/ClientJournoExp/status/1329022754683822082

Comment

https://twitter.com/jewdas/status/1329018448991711233?s=20

Comment

Whatever happened to the antisemitism education identified as necessary (rightly) by the Chakrabartti report and the EHRC?

Oh, we've forgotten all about that: it's all about individuals, disciplinary processes and bureaucratic rule-book shenanigans.

And that is how the antisemitism that is horribly alive and well all over the world gets defeated, apparently.

Comment

I guess that there aren't any grounds for the party bureaucracy to ban local Labour Party meetings from discussing the withdrawal of the whip.

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                                          Whatever happened to the antisemitism education identified as necessary (rightly) by the Chakrabartti report and the EHRC?

Oh, we've forgotten all about that: it's all about individuals, disciplinary processes and bureaucratic rule-book shenanigans.

And that is how the antisemitism that is horribly alive and well all over the world gets defeated, apparently.
                                          The Jewish Labour movement do that and make a fair whack out of it, as well as being able to influence what is and isn't antisemitism- they really didn't want the (excellent) Pears Centre at Birkbeck getting involved. in fact there's a totlally gratuitous swipe at them in the EHRC report,

It can't be said too often.

Thew Jewish Labour Movement have amongst their aims
                                          • To promote the centrality of Israel in Jewish life
                                          They claim that Havodah - the Israeli Labor Party is "their sister party in Israel,"

Havodah is part of the Netanyahu government/

Comment

https://twitter.com/nickshaxson/status/1329102158839549954?s=20

Labour had popular social democratic polices- so popular that the Tories are stealing half of them, or the PR bang anyway

And Keith is still fighting an unnecessary battle.

he could have united the party. Instead he's fighting old wars for old warmongers

And remember that young people backed labour in huge numbers because they urgently needed change.

Where will that come from?

Comment

this man isn't particualrly radical- but he's written very well about corruption

https://twitter.com/OliverBullough/status/1329104574892871681?s=20

Comment

I've met Oliver, he wrote a piece about our club and interviewed me for it, nice bloke.

Comment

I guess that there aren't any grounds for the party bureaucracy to ban local Labour Party meetings from discussing the withdrawal of the whip.
                                                  They'll give it a good go.

Comment

I can imagine they might want to try, but it seems like a lot more of a stretch, doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X