Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks pretty good, but I'm vegetarian.

Comment

Nice one Vicarious, I hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
        I'm interested in the Britain's Railways from the Air book.
        I have a copy of that somewhere.

The pork pie looks great, but I'm also vegetarian.

Comment

I use vegetable fat in the pastry - happy to take orders for vegetarian fillings by commission. You send me money, and I send you the same picture, but with veg of your choice in it.

Comment

Cauliflower and spinach. Tenner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicarious Thrillseeker View Post
              Cauliflower and spinach. Tenner.

If, as I suspect, the yellow thing at the top of the photo is your doormat and if, as I suspect, the pie was photographed on the floor directly next to your front door, then the pie must be about the same size as Elvis Presley's bed.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                If, as I suspect, the yellow thing at the top of the photo is your doormat and if, as I suspect, the pie was photographed on the floor directly next to your front door, then the pie must be about the same size as Elvis Presley's bed.

I reckon that's a coaster in the background but I so want you to be right.

Comment

It's a coaster

Comment

I've started my home brew again today but on the recommendation of Steveeee I've gone for one of the Woodfords two can packs. Incredibly easy to make, all I have to do now is wait and come up with a new name for my brew!
                    Last edited by Paul S; 28-06-2020, 12:52.

Comment

Comment

Wherry is the safest kit out there, it always makes pub quality homebrew. I never grew tired of it.

I've been getting into cider and Perry over lockdown, buying 20 litre bag in boxes of the stuff. I've drunk a lot and can heartily recommend the produce and service of Gwatkin Ciders. I recommend their "Yarlington Mill" cider, which I'm basically living off these days.

Lessons I've learned from drinking a lot of cider:
                        The nasty throat twang goes away eventually.
                        The strong taste of vinegar disapates eventually.
                        Dry cider is not easy to drink in large quantities.
                        Sweet cider tastes like pop.
                        Medium cider is just right.

Comment

I'm halfway into my own ad-hoc turbo cider. Apple juice, honey and bread yeast. Another week and I'll go for adding my home-grown rhubarb (yeah), then secondary fermentation to add sparkle to the bottles.

Comment

Liking the ‘cartoon chimney-pot’ effect happening there.

Sorry to say that Jah’s Lockdown Dark is now consigned to both history and my waistline...

Comment

Working...
                            X