Covid jokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also:

What zombie movies got wrong about the actual apocalypse, part 1,487: they omitted scenes of people on the street demanding the right to be eaten by zombies.

Comment

It's not really a joke, but I found this funny. Someone went out and did a socially distanced marathon on Marathon Monday in Boston, and did it in such a way as to write "Boston Strong" with her Strava. Except that when she got home she realised that she'd forgotten the last "n"...

Comment

Comment

hard to know the boundary between laughter and campaigning

this worked for me

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1252794978037833729?s=20

Comment

https://twitter.com/sarahcpr/status/1253474772702429189?s=21

Comment

https://twitter.com/socialhotcake/status/1251536794505621505?s=21

Comment

I'm not suggesting this is a *joke*, but it doesn't fit satisfactorily into the other COVID19 threads...

https://twitter.com/KrystalVittles/status/1253227314764283904

Comment

I've always had a soft spot for Pam Ayres

https://twitter.com/PamAyres/status/1253956899692851200?s=20

Comment

It's from a recent Viz
                    Last edited by sw2borshch; 25-04-2020, 09:51. Reason: Taking care of Business.

Comment

Comment

Is that the Pences? They appear to have got their his 'n' hers face masks the wrong way round, too. She's wearing the formal black business mask, while he's sporting the delicate pink lace-edged version.

Comment

No

Those are Dr Anthony Fauci (director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) and Dr Deborah Birx (Coronavirus Response Coordinator for the Trump Administration's White House Coronavirus Task Force)

Comment

The boss of Timpsons says he will be re-opening some of his stores this week. I thought they were operating already, aren't they key workers?

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              No

Those are Dr Anthony Fauci (director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) and Dr Deborah Birx (Coronavirus Response Coordinator for the Trump Administration's White House Coronavirus Task Force)
                              Ahh, thanks UA. I know their names (and Fauci's growing reputation in recent weeks), but hadn't put names to faces. And it's particularly hard to when you can't see much of the faces except their eyes.

(My point about their masks stands, nonetheless.)

Speaking of which, is the chap dressed like a tree a particularly significant military type? He has the eyes of Jean-Claude Van Damme. Though potentially also the mouth of Marilyn Monroe, as President Mitterand might have observed.

Comment

Turns out that he is the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but I wouldn't have recognised him even without the mask and I would posit that very few people outside the military or defence establishment would even know his name.

Comment

That's interesting, because my first assumption was that that was probably what he is, but I couldn't begin to put a name to who he is. Is that quite normal, for this role? Or is it a function of how the Trump regime has installed, fallen out with, then fired from, so many people in official/public/government/Cabinet/advisory type positions it's become harder than usual to keep track of who's actually functioning in any of these roles at the present time?

Comment

Some of both.

"We" generally don't get much exposure to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs except during wartime, and not even then in this new era of constant war on someone.

Here's a list starting with Colin Powell, who had by far the highest profile of any of those enumerated
                                    • Gen. Colin L. Powell, U.S. Army, 1989-1993
                                    • Gen. John M. Shalikashvili, U.S. Army, 1993-1997
                                    • Gen. Henry H. Shelton, U.S. Army, 1997-2001
                                    • Gen. Richard B. Myers, U.S. Air Force, 2001-2005
                                    • Gen. Peter Pace, U.S. Marine Corps, 2005-2007
                                    • Adm. Michael Mullen, U.S. Navy, 2007-2011
                                    • Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, U.S. Army, 2011-2015
                                    • Gen. Joseph Dunford, U.S. Marine Corps, 2015-2019
                                    • Gen. Mark A. Milley, U.S. Army, 2019-present
                                    Shalikashvili is the only other member of that list that I could pick out of a lineup, and that has as much to do with his ethnic background as anything else.

Comment

I think ursus arctos' punchlines need work.

Comment

Well I got it, dummy, but I ain't about to explain it to you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                            US COVID-19 deaths now exceed those servicemen and -women who died during the Vietnam War.
                                            N-n-n-n-n-n-ninety

Comment

I thought they died of Covid-nnnnnn19

Comment

Comment

May as well drop my usual Paul Hardcastle joke here as well: in Vietnam, they have their own version of the song, it's called 'Nine'.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X