No announcement yet.

The Unlocked Diaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a late turn today and the bus at midday was noticeably fuller, with fewer key workers and more shoppers and errand runners. I was the only one out of about 20 wearing a mask, whereas last week mask wearers were the majority.

Shopping is still a clusterfuck, people are genuinely too stupid and/or selfish to follow procedures.
    The general feeling among colleagues is that we must have all been exposed to the virus by now, but because working in retail supercharges your immune system with constant barrage from the great unwashed, we've not noticed it.
    Out of c.200 who have been here from the start, we've only had a handful who have almost definitely had it, most who've isolated with their own/family symptoms have been fine.
    One husband of a colleague has died, and one (out of area, unconnected) father.

A lot of us are casting minds back to "bad colds" around November, December and January and wondering if that was it.

Comment

Oh, and when I went for a piss this afternoon, I came back to find this. Aber nörgeln kann man immer.

And when you ask the Law, who've been on your case for two months, to come by and do the paperwork, for insurance purposes and that, they say, "No, ain't happening."

Edit: And, please, anybody who feels the need to say, "Looks quite good/the background's shit/whatever": Carry on playing Tetris and having a wank.
      Last edited by treibeis; 11-05-2020, 17:57.

Comment

I went to the corner shop and forgot my mask, but good distancing was observed all round. Got a pack of Dorito's and a small bar of Cadbury's whole nut, plus a sourdough loaf and some pasta. And a bottle of Malbec. Did the "avoidance dance" with a gentleman as I got near home. We both laughed, and I said "strange times". He said "yes, but we'll get through it." Which made me well up a bit, being a soppy sort.

Comment

At the risk of annoying treibeis, I do think that looks alright, but I wouldn't want it on anything of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post
            At the risk of annoying treibeis, I do think that looks alright, but I wouldn't want it on anything of mine.
            You have annoyed me, though. It doesn't look alright; it looks shit. And I have to pay 200 euros to get rid of it.

Play Tetris and have a wank.

Comment

Seriously: If one cunt starts, then they all do. And then I work in a building full of, apparently, "street art". That looks shit. Yeah, a "Shimra" tag. Fucking great. And then somebody else can do an "Our Boris" tag, or whatever, and it all looks fucking great because they've got nice handwriting.

Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                I just found out I'm entitled to no compensation whatsoever. My earnings were too high in April. (I'm not going to bore people with the difference between "normal earnings" and "extraneous earnings"; after all, I could have sold my arse for twenty grand a month. Although anybody who'd have taken it would have been entitled to compensation themselves.)

But, as imp said upthread, "nörgeln kann man aber immer." Even when you're twenty grand down in two months, through no fault of your own.
                20 grand in two months- starts counting on fingers- that’s quite a blow but you must be doing pretty well most years. That’s not even high summer!

Comment

Originally posted by treibeis View Post
                  Seriously: If one cunt starts, then they all do. And then I work in a building full of, apparently, "street art". That looks shit. Yeah, a "Shimra" tag. Fucking great. And then somebody else can do an "Our Boris" tag, or whatever, and it all looks fucking great because they've got nice handwriting.

Jesus.
                  Calm down, Karen.

Comment

Originally posted by MsD View Post

Calm down, Karen.
                    Good, yes, all right.

And, smart-arse(Nefertiti2): Count on all the fingers you like. Or tell me how much rent I pay. You might, just possibly, manage the former. And then factor in all the other costs, which you obviously know.

Then you can tell me, and everybody else, how much I make.

Comment

I don't obviously. But you decided to volunteer how much you're "down" in two months. and you also tend to perform the miserable git persona somewhere between The Soup Nazi and Blakey from On the Buses.

So if you want to discuss your problems, fine. But then don't call people cunts or tell them to "play Tetris and have a wank".

Comment

jwd, just wanted to say thanks a lot for your interesting posts on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                          jwd, just wanted to say thanks a lot for your interesting posts on this thread.
                          agreed

Comment

I don't obviously. But you decided to volunteer how much you're "down" in two months. and you also tend to perform the miserable git persona somewhere between The Soup Nazi and Blakey from On the Buses.

So if you want to discuss your problems, fine. But then don't call people cunts or tell them to "play Tetris and have a wank".

I don't want to "discuss" my problems. I want to moan about them.

And I didn't call anybody on here a cunt. I called people who deface my property a cunt. I did advise people on here to "play Tetris and have a wank", but they'll do it (or not) anyway, regardless of what I say.

Comment

My buses today were perhaps 40% fuller with returning workers in the morning and older potterers in the evening. Still plenty of room to distance providing you're not too lazy to go upstairs.
                              Mask use seems to be dropping, which bemusing to me. I've gone from being in a minority not wearing one, to a minority wearing one.

The Sky News app predictably had stories of crammed tubes and buses (because London is the only place in the UK), but to their credit balances it with pictures of deserted stations at 8, 8.30. Seems to be that too many people tried to beat the rush and got there early before a full service was running.

Comment

Is there something wrong with playing Tetris and having a wank now? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                                  Is there something wrong with playing Tetris and having a wank now? Asking for a friend.
                                  I've only ever played Tetris, so I wouldn't know.

Comment

For the first time, I encountered an entrepreneurial soul at the corner of 72nd and Broadway who was selling masks, gloves and wipes from a card table.

I take this as a sign of NYC returning to a semblance of normality.

Comment

LA County beaches are slightly open now. They can be used for exercise, but not for sitting, so no going there and spreading out a towel to relax. Wondering if the spot we go to that has big dunes in the winter still has dunes for the kids to slide down on, while I pace back and forth. Though at this point my kids would probably go along and just walk along the beach without complaints.

Comment

For all those cunts out there, who are or aren't playing Tetris and having a wank, the wall now looks thus:

Comment

I've no idea how much it cost. Not enough, I'd say. But there are other people on here who'd put you right. Butler.

Comment

All in all it's just a
                                            Nother minigolf wall

Comment

Thou Wall, O Wall, O sweet and lovely Wall,

Comment

I'm supposed to laugh at this, aren't I?

Well, all right. But the next time you fuckers come on here and write half a page about "I was on the 73 bus today, and somebody farted, and, ooh, did it stink, and I really don't know whether I can get through the next two weeks or not", then you can fuck right off.

Comment

I just gave you some Shakespeare.

Comment

Are those pig-snouts above the grass? Death stars floating over crossed, green, minigolf putters? A bunch of brontosauruses (brontosauri?) about the get clobbered by multiple giant meteorites?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X