Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protecting one's mental health when told to self isolate & cut off social contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've unfollowed all political journalist accounts from my Twitter to make it Trump-free. It was either that or delete my account.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
      Our skeleton, who's on the previous page, changes his sign every day. It turns out he's become a bit of a local star. I keep seeing cars pull up and take photos, and a couple of elderly walkers today said (from a presumably safe distance of several meters) that they look forward to seeing skeleton every day and it keeps them in their routine of walking the neighborhood. It's kind of warming to know that we're helping keep people entertained in their relative lock-down.
      Would love an update on here.

Also welcome back MsD!

Comment

The latest update is that he got a thank you card in the post yesterday. Someone actually sent physical mail to say thank you for brightening their walk and the neighborhood. I was, as the youngsters say, "totally made up".

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          The latest update is that he got a thank you card in the post yesterday. Someone actually sent physical mail to say thank you for brightening their walk and the neighborhood. I was, as the youngsters say, "totally made up".
          that‘s lovely. But I‘m hoping for daily photos of his slogan and accompanying pose.

does he have a name yet? If not I’d like to call him “Mick” after Mick McCarthy.

Comment

We just call him Skelly. Today, because it's been a rainy couple of days here, he went a bit dad-joke on us. He also needed to go mainstream because yesterday - thanks to my wife - his sign was some Grateful Dead lyrics that got a whole lot of confused stares from the passers-by.

Comment

Oh well. If we're just showing our pets off....

Comment

The skeleton is wonderful. I think he should be called Dr. McCoy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good work people

Comment

I'm in a really bad mood today. Really angry.

I might stay off the Covid threads for a while.

Comment

I feel that too. Take care.

Comment

Working...
                          X