Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protecting one's mental health when told to self isolate & cut off social contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confess that I woke up the other day really thinking about if this is a world worth living in. But then I talked to my dog.

Comment

Been quite awhile since I last put this puzzle together. We have the empty table space and we have the time. I know we got it when we lived in Norway, I would guess the map is circa 1973/74.

I'll update only when it is complete!

Comment

You have to do that without looking at the lid though, or it's cheating

Comment

I think that once I get going on it I would not need to look at the lid...much.

Comment

No Jubilee Line.

Comment

And with Strand and Aldwych stations.

Comment

I have a much more modern one of those with the DLR and a bunch over overground. I did it last year. There's a ton of white space which is an utter bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post

You and me both
                  "Il contenuto non è disponibile"

What was it,about, please?

Comment

It was a clip of the water in a Venetian canal running clear.

Not sure why it was taken down.

Comment

This one (three minutes of scenes of empty cities) is also very striking (and should work)

https://video.repubblica.it/dossier/...C12-P6-S1.8-T1

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

We had a cat called Poppy. I wonder if it's a common feline name.
                        My aunt's cat is called Poppy. She's had her a good dozen years, before which she had another cat for a while who she sort of inherited from her ex-boyfriend, until I think he eventually changed his mind and took her back – the cat I mean. And that cat was called... Poppy.

Comment

"Il contenuto non è disponibile"

What was it,about, please?
                          Sporting, I posted this on the previous page but here you go. This is from the Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...rist-free-city

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
                            Is that dog on your bed?

Comment

Of course! It’s a big bed.

Comment

Comment

The view from Observatory Hill in Greenwich Park this morning

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post
                                    The view from Observatory Hill in Greenwich Park this morning

If I'm being completely honest the Isle of Dogs developments do tend to detract from the view of the Royal Naval College ever so slightly.
                                    Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 21-03-2020, 16:31.

Comment

We had a cat called Poppy. I wonder if it's a common feline name.
                                      When I was growing up, if I heard someone call out the name Ben in a public space it was invariably because they were trying to attract the attention of a dog. I don't think that I met another human Ben until I was about fifteen. This must have been a local deficiency, as there are plenty around these days, up to my age and even older.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post

When I was growing up, if I heard someone call out the name Ben in a public space it was invariably because they were trying to attract the attention of a dog. I don't think that I met another human Ben until I was about fifteen. This must have been a local deficiency, as there are plenty around these days, up to my age and even older.
                                        Are you sure they weren't calling out for their pet rats?

Comment

Or bears.

Comment

Suddenly the self isolating does seem more manageable, appealing even.

Comment

Did you know that if you are Icelandic and have a baby, you can only select a name from an approved list, and if you want to name your child something not on the list, you have to apply to the Icelandic Naming Committee, who may reject your request? You also have two weeks from the date of birth to select a name.

Comment

Also not a dog, this handsome chappie is George, our current guest cat (mrs b does fostering for a cat charity):

(apologies for the poor image quality, the camera on my tablet is pretty shite)

Comment

Cute cat!

Comment

Nice moggy.

And stair rods! That’s not something you see every day. We had them in our last place in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X