The very minor pluses of Covid19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post

That's already been covered in the "minor pluses" thread, fittingly.
    Erm, this is the...

(Hadn't seen it here before).

Comment

The guy at my office on office annoyances who has a habit of touching his privates while talking has resigned. So I don't have to deal with that dilemma when we get back to the office.

Comment

Cult Irish TV character Aifric returned to the small screen as a teacher:

https://twitter.com/kearns_aoife/status/1244601443484602373

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
          The guy at my office on office annoyances who has a habit of touching his privates while talking has resigned. So I don't have to deal with that dilemma when we get back to the office.
          Why, was it your turn to touch them?

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post

Erm, this is the...

(Hadn't seen it here before).
            Duh, sorry! The perils of reading/posting on your phone while having your state-mandated dog walk, especially when there's 436 Covid threads.

I think it was in the very early stages of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray de Galles View Post
              I think it was in the very early stages of the thread.
              Before the thread became viral?

Comment

At least once a day I get to shout "It's Johns Hopkins University!" at a newsreader or some other media.

And yes, it does make me feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                  Why, was it your turn to touch them?
                  Before I felt the need to make him aware of what is clearly a subliminal habit but one that he likely needs to be aware of. The bird has flown.

Comment

Just realised I haven't had any phone calls from BT or Microsoft recently. Either India has shut down all its call-centres, or everybody's too scared to turn up to "work" there.

Comment

While all our shops are closed, because they have to be, I can definitely say that boxed flower sales are up this year. We sold more in the last week than we did in Valentines week, and that never happens. Was just chatting with my drinks supplier, and she told me that they've sold more booze in the last month than they normally do in a year. So that's two trades which are getting an unexpected windfall.

Comment

Samuel L Jackson reading bedtime stories

https://twitter.com/SamuelLJackson/status/1245778791592366082?s=20

Comment

All my high school friends and I were supposed to be at The Beat tonight. Cancelled obvs. But one guy - a DJ - is doing a Facebook / Zoom set right nor for all his friends. So much fun.

Comment

I see no joy
                            See only sorrow
                            No future in yer bright new tomorrow
                            Stand down Margaret
                            Stand down...Justin?

Comment

I've had time to get frau imp into epic45.

Comment

This is excellent news, imp.

Comment

Originally posted by Furtho View Post
                                  This is excellent news, imp.
                                  I know, right? Every six months or so something gets through.

Comment

Now they can’t try to flog you some cut-price travel deals, Travelzoo have put up some links to some free sofa-based virtual tours and cultural highlights. Worth checking some out.
                                    A world's worth of bucket-list experiences to have virtually (for now)

Comment

Prepare to get hopelessly addicted to the World Cup of Flags:

https://twitter.com/WorldCupOfFlags/status/1246067307895336961

Comment

Very strong group. A lot of the meh countries must have fallen in qualifying.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                          Very strong group. A lot of the meh countries must have fallen in qualifying.
                                          Only doing one group a day, so every national flag is being sorted into 32 groups, which would take 87 days to conclude!
                                          Last edited by Diable Rouge; 03-04-2020, 14:18.

Comment

The Gulf of Napoli is cleaner than it has been in anyone's memory

https://video.repubblica.it/edizione...-C4-P1-S1.4-T1

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

They appear to be preventing it from being a foregone conclusion by not featuring the Welsh flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post

This is fantastic, and I can see no other scenario than supporting Bhutan all the way to the final. Nauru was a well-deserved runner-up, though.

Comment

I don't expect it to win, because people go for the flashy or the familiar, but I'm fully in Botswana's corner for the full competition.

Comment

Rooting for Laos.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X