No announcement yet.

The very minor pluses of Covid19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really nice that someone other than the armed forces are getting recognised for the work they do.

Having said that though, I'll give it less than a year before we're out on the streets clapping them too.

Comment

I think my eating habits have improved. Definitely eating more veg and obviously not eating out where, tbh, I'd usually be having something fried with chips or an unhealthy doughy based pizza. I seem to be more regular at the other end too.

Comment

Everyone's been saying that we should use the lockdown to achieve things you've always meant to, so I finally got round to properly cataloguing my sporting hat collection.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that the Dodgers didn't do a ski hat for late October/early November

Comment

I didn't see one if they did, though the queues for the merch shops in the World Series game were ridiculous. I was lucky to get the commemorative cap and the trucker one (the only one of that style I own) was from the July game I went to.

Given how popular bobble hats are in rugby nowadays, I am finding it surprisingly hard to fulfil my quest to find one for every Tier 2 nation I've seen play (and Argentina). Beanies are slightly easier to find but I far prefer a bobble.
            Last edited by Ray de Galles; 28-03-2020, 23:13.

Comment

I don't think they did them for that series. There are a number available now, though.

Though the real local colour item would be a pain to transport.

Comment

The Euro 2016 beret stands out in any company.

Comment

28 pieces of headwear, that's good going.

I'm liking that Cymru bobble bottom right best.

Comment

Thanks, that's actually official WRU merch and the first decent one I can ever recall them doing.

I've got a few more sporting ones that I could have included (like a Big Bobble one I had done in Rainbow Jersey colours) but didn't as they're not official merch. I've got about ten-non sporting hats as well as those too.

Comment

Digging the hats Ray de Galles

Comment

Originally posted by Benjm View Post
                        The Euro 2016 beret stands out in any company.
                        French chic certainly is timeless.

Comment

You have more official sporting merchandise hats than I have of any item of clothing individually.

Comment

I have more hats than Ray

Comment

I have one hat. I had a different hat, before, but I lost it, so I got a new one.

Comment

I'm not proud of the state of affairs

Comment

What can I say, I've been cropping my hair/going bald for over 25 years. Hats are important to me.

Comment

I don't wear the hat, obvs. Like the previous hat, I bought it on holiday in the sun, to keep the sun off. Then I didn't want to bin it.

If I ever go to holiday in the sun again, I may take it with me.

I don't like choice, and hats don't go in the wash, so why would I ever need more than one?

Comment

To add to the gaiety of life.

Most of my hats are washable by hand, at least.

Comment

I thought of this thread yesterday during a BBC report. A woman squeezing into a crowded church in Moscow poured scorn on the notion that the virus would dare spread in the house of god. She was a doctor too, which at least gave us a laugh, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                                          Nature is doing more than bouncing back. Mrs Thistle reckons a bumblebee flew in through the bathroom window, weed on the window sill, then flew out again. Do bees wee?
                                          Yes they do, your sill has been blessed.

Comment

Good work on the collection of hats, RdG. You inspired me to dig mine out - not many caps as I really only wear them on holiday to stop my head burning (the Colin McRae one being the exception as can be seen by its dust and sweat stained state, a veteran of many a dusty rally in the UK and beyond).

Comment

Woolly hats are more my thing though, I have a wider selection of those for days stood on the terrace or out in the forests or Scottish hills.

Comment

Ooh, I especially like that Bohemians one. The RLWC is good too, I am a sucker for events using multi-coloured bands in their branding.

Comment

Yeah, the Bohemians one is ace and the overall quality is very high.

Comment

A minor plus appears to be that you hat people now have time to do proper vacuuming and cleaning, you could eat off those carpets.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X