No announcement yet.

The very minor pluses of Covid19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this an hour ago. Still making me giggle.

https://twitter.com/JamesGillComedy/status/1242187975305330690

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
      Another plus: cases of homesickness have reportedly plummeted.

Must be a tough time for adulterers too.
      I sincerely hope the playas continue to front the rent and car notes for their side pieces.
      A deal is a deal.

Comment

Heh. I only heard the term "side piece" a few hours ago from my teenage daughter and you're too old to use it, TG.

Stick with "bit on the side".

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
          Heh. I only heard the term "side piece" a few hours ago from my teenage daughter and you're too old to use it, TG.

Stick with "bit on the side".
          I'm still under 50 so i'm good for talking with the yoot dem.
          ........... What does your daughter know about side pieces, I think you need to have the talk with her. The real talk a father has with the daughter to make sure she understands the game.
          First order of business, no twerking on Snapchat, IG or TikTok. Tell her The Tactical Genius said so.

Comment

She takes very little notice of what I tell her!

Comment

The retail sector traditionally protects its tight profit margins by paying its staff the least amount they can get away with, with very little prospect of anything extra.
              Not this year. A sizeable bonus is to be paid at the end of June (should I live that long).

Comment

Originally posted by jwdd27 View Post
                The retail sector traditionally protects its tight profit margins by paying its staff the least amount they can get away with, with very little prospect of anything extra.
                Not this year. A sizeable bonus is to be paid at the end of June (should I live that long).
                So they should as it's been Christmas eve every day for the best part of a month now.
                I have noticed prices creeping up the last couple of weeks for everything. When you also take into account the multibuy discounts have dissappeard, these supermarkets must have made a fucking killing.

Comment

Sterling has fallen 10% against the euro over the last month. Having eaten a lot of the post brexit fall in the pound, because they love freedom, and don't want to be burned down, they're not in a position to keep doing it forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                    Florists, at least, are going to coin it in this year. After all the mass burials are done with by November, then there will come the wave of births prompted by couples having to stay inside together at the moment with nothing on the telly.
                    Well, apart from the fact that they shut all our shops last night...

Comment

A lot of time on my hands, and found this https://radiooooo.com/ - am currently in 1970s Turkmenistan.

Comment

Thanks to the lockdowns, politicians who are forced to resign will have to come up with a better lie than "to spend more time with my family".

Comment

Originally posted by imp View Post
                          Another plus: cases of homesickness have reportedly plummeted.

Must be a tough time for adulterers too.
                          Tribune de Genève reported a massive drop in burglaries n Geneva (where it is quite bad normally...)

Comment

Which family? Bigamists must be having some interesting conversations right now.

Comment

Originally posted by johnr View Post
                              A lot of time on my hands, and found this https://radiooooo.com/ - am currently in 1970s Turkmenistan.
                              This is rather good. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Petrol is now £1.02/ a iitre. I can't recall when it was last this price. Of course it's not much use as, apart from work, I can't drive anywhere anyway.

Comment

Almost all the money I poured into our now-cancelled honeymoon trip can likely be recouped, which basically doubles our deposit-for-buying-our-first-house fund. If we keep saving at this rate, and with a little help from a collapsing market, we may be moving in before Christmas.
                                  Last edited by Wouter D; 24-03-2020, 23:06. Reason: It's not me, it's the e missing.

Comment

Minor pluses of being locked down: I'm washing my hands less due to not having to touch metal door handles that other people have also used. The dry, cracked skin that all that hand-washing was causing has settled down somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                      Minor pluses of being locked down: I'm washing my hands less due to not having to touch metal door handles that other people have also used. The dry, cracked skin that all that hand-washing was causing has settled down somewhat.
                                      Are you not used to washing your hands often, do you not use moisturiser. How were you living before Corona?

Lord have mercy...........

Comment

I think a more illuminating question would be how often was janik washing his hands, which I think would allow us to reflect of how far short the rest of us are from doing it properly.

Comment

Given that Janik has had a senior position in a research lab for yonks, I'm sure that he could teach all of us something on the subject.

Comment

Yeah. I was thinking that. Also when I was having to deal with a stoma I was washing my hands so fucking often that I had to carry moisturiser with me everywhere I went.

Comment

Nowt unusual in that - I've never had skin issues in my life, but there's been a level of 'dryness' since the increased hand-washing.

Moisturiser is helping. As is switching to an aloe vera-based handwash.

Comment

Here's one:

Private schools likely to fold as result of the Covid-19 crisis

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
                                                  Yeah. I was thinking that. Also when I was having to deal with a stoma I was washing my hands so fucking often that I had to carry moisturiser with me everywhere I went.
                                                  I normally carry moisturiser with me.
                                                  But then due to my complexion, you can see when my hands are dry and it is not very attractive.

Comment

Beautiful spring day, massively reduced traffic on the roads. Was today the best day ever for cycling in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X