Eugenics is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eugenics is back

As Spectator editor Fraser nelson just Tweeted then deleted, in support of Richard Dawkins

https://twitter.com/rosscolquhoun/status/1229143173584375808?s=20

Eugenics never went away. It's public airings vary but it's always there.

Comment

How did he manage to make such a mess of linking to an old article, which isn't that bad? I see Winston Churchill was in favour of this nonsense. Given that his son was so unspeakably terrible that he gave him a heart attack Maybe he should have been the first to put his testicles into a vice.

Comment

Another example of psychosis at play here.
        A trip to any British university will show you that the Ethnic groups designated as dumb and of lower IQ are over-represented compared to other ethnics groups (this is even more marked when you take socio-economic background into account).

It's a shame these people are not challenged based on facts and are instead shouted down as racists. This isn't really helpful and plays into their hands.

Comment

I'm sure that Nick Cohen et al will be writing pieces slamming this kind of thing until - and probably after - the Prime Minister comes out and unequivocally condemns it.

Comment

TAB, my guess is that Nelson didn't write the tweet and/or was overcome with a desire for clicks

Sabisky is illustrative of the unfortunate fact that there is a generation of young reactionaries who are perfectly comfortable with saying the quiet part out loud. And it wouldn't be at all shocking for such people to be running Spectator social media accounts.

Comment

Does anyone else think that Sabisky was hired (and will be fired) to make Johnson and Cummings' views in this respect look "normal"?

Comment

I saw a tweet saying that it was about testing the boundaries of what they can get away with.

Comment

TAB's link about Randolph Churchill just sent me down a wiki rabbit hole, culminating in the discovery that Winston Churchill's granddaughter Arabella was one of the founders of Glastonbury and married a juggler called Haggis MacLeod. That was unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                    Winston Churchill's granddaughter Arabella was one of the founders of Glastonbury.

And invented a time machine to take her back to AD 600 or thereabouts?

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                      TAB's link about Randolph Churchill just sent me down a wiki rabbit hole, culminating in the discovery that Winston Churchill's granddaughter Arabella was one of the founders of Glastonbury and married a juggler called Haggis MacLeod. That was unexpected.
                      Randolph Churchill was a TV mainstay, always pissed as a newt. Him and Quintin Hogg pretty much defined English Torydom during my teen years.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post

And invented a time machine to take her back to AD 600 or thereabouts?
                        Haha, yes, I meant the festival.

Comment

It's amazing how many times the Right jettison experts in favour of "free thinkers" and end up accidentally employing neo-nazis.

Comment

Accidentally??

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                              TAB, my guess is that Nelson didn't write the tweet and/or was overcome with a desire for clicks

Sabisky is illustrative of the unfortunate fact that there is a generation of young reactionaries who are perfectly comfortable with saying the quiet part out loud. And it wouldn't be at all shocking for such people to be running Spectator social media accounts.
                              Really? see, I just reckon that he absentmindedly made that mistake that is so easy to mistake. he knows in his head that his article isn't in favour of eugenics, it's about it, and thinks that that piece of information is in everyone else's head as well. And then manages to construct a tweet that absent that piece of information, makes it look like he's in favour of it. It looks like the mistake a tired person makes.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                Accidentally??
                                Read Snake's post again in your most sarcastic tone of voice.

Comment

I always read Snake's posts in an amusing Northern accent, so it probably wouldn't help.

Comment

Working...
                                  X