Poll - Next Labour Party Leader - The Final Round

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll - Next Labour Party Leader - The Final Round

OK, we're into the final stretch and down to just three candidates. You know the drill. If you're a Labour Party member or voter who is your choice? If you're not a supporter, which of the candidates would be most likely to make you vote for the party or would be the individual that you consider has the best chance of leading the party to electoral success?
    Rebecca Long Bailey
    38.89%
    Lisa Nandy
    22.22%
    Keir Starmer
    38.89%

Voting closes on 2nd April, (Labour Party members not OTF). That seems like an inordinately long time given that the contest already seems to have been going on for an age.

Time for the candidates to polish their policy ideas I suppose.

Comment

It's ridiculous isn't it? Just bloody vote already.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
        It's ridiculous isn't it? Just bloody vote already.
        Don't agree. Now that the deadwood candidates have been jettisoned, it's time for serious debate and consideration, Nowt gained from rushing things, It's not as if there's an election coming up soon,

Comment

Oh from the point of view of Labour Party people, yeah, I get that*. I just want it to be over.

(* In principle, that is. There's not going to be any decent serious debate and consideration irl)

Comment

Well there's always the Lib-dems leadership battle if you're fed up with this one.

Comment

Hahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
                There's not going to be any decent serious debate and consideration irl)
                Instead we will have, at best, more utterly appalling dross like this

https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/status/1228635062314455040?s=20

Comment

Fucking Hell. Coronation Street has become really shit these days, hasn't it?

Comment

Tight race.

Comment

On here, not in real life.

Comment

You think? Possibly. Starmer's certainly the front-runner but RLB has got a lot of support behind her and I don't think that it's inconceivable that she could overhaul him.

Comment

It feels like a walkover for Starmer, to me, but what do I know?

Comment

Quite a nice map showing which CLP supported which of the candidates in the last round. Quite a mixed picture, to my eyes at least, though Starmer may have garnered slightly less support in Leave areas:

RLB nominating CLPs are coloured in khaki, Nandy green, Starmer purple, Thornberry blue and couldn't be arsed, black.

(I'm not convinced that Pas de Calais, Somme and Seine Maritime all went for Starmer, though).

Comment

Pas de Carrick and er, Strangford Maritime may regret backing Flagging 'Em. The NI CLP suggested to the local media last week that Thornberry assured them she supported running Labour candidates locally- before saying basically the opposite to the wider party's Irish Society

Comment

From that map it looks like Starmer would be a shoe-in for the next French election, if this one doesn't come off for him, mind.

Comment

As Pas-de-Calais goes, so goes the nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Gardner View Post
                                    Pas de Carrick and er, Strangford Maritime may regret backing Flagging 'Em. The NI CLP suggested to the local media last week that Thornberry assured them she supported running Labour candidates locally- before saying basically the opposite to the wider party's Irish Society
                                    I'm disappointed that OTF's Dudley cell hasn't infiltrated the audience for tonight's C4 leadership debate.

Comment

Too busy shouting impotently at Frank Lampard and Chris Sutton...

Comment

You'll never guess who's sticking his oar in: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51560294

Bit gnomic. I think we'll need a bit more detail about this radical C21st stuff that you're proposing, Tone.

Comment

The fucker can't help himself, can he? Just like Bertie Ahern he should be in jail but feels entitled to pass judgement. Can't get that even when he's right he undermines rightness.

Comment

Keir's starting to pull away.

Comment

If the bookies are to be believed it’s all over. Which is weird, as he’s been the least impressive of the 3 on the stump (Nandy, who I have doubts about politically, has been the best performer by a mile, I’d say).

Comment

You must watch / read very different media from me, as I have very different views. RLB has impressed me, Starmer has looked vapid, while if Nandy didn't have an unusual surname, I would have forgotten she was standing, she makes that little impact.

It does say, though, about how personalities can trump policies. Those of you who know me will know that while rather politically disengaged, I voted LD just because I can't stand Corbyn. Now, I seem to be backing RLB, who apparently has the same policies.

Ah well.

Comment

I don't imagine the debates would change many people's minds really.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X