Storm Dennis headlines please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storm Dennis headlines please

For my own reasons, while hoping everyone survives unscathed tomorrow, I'm trying to collate the best "Dennis" related headlines. Ideally the local newspaper "Dennis destroyed my trampoline" type.

Any and all contributions gratefully received here.

If there isn't at least one "Dennis the Menace" headline then I will eat next door's trampoline (which stood up to Storm Ciara remarkably well, it has to be said)

Comment

If only we had a weather thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
        For my own reasons, while hoping everyone survives unscathed tomorrow, I'm trying to collate the best "Dennis" related headlines. Ideally the local newspaper "Dennis destroyed my trampoline" type.

Any and all contributions gratefully received here.

Friend by the name of Dennis with a birthday coming up?

Comment

I rather imagine Rogin knows quite a few people with the name Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post

Ah yes, of course!

Comment

Liverpool are away this weekend, so sadly there's little chance of an "Anfield Shocked By Arrival Of Dennis!" headline that I can send Rogin's way.

Comment

If a bunch of gammons pitch tents in defiance of the storm, they could call it a "Dennis Berk Camp".

If new regulations regarding flood protection or weather-resilient building materials are mooted, "Dennis Law".

Can you tell I'm trying to tie this back into football?

Comment

If a bunch of boarding school kids can't sleep due to the howling wind, might they play a game of Dorm Tennis?

Comment

Man fixing straw roof at the height of the storm: Dennis Thatcher
                    Man flaying someone/thing during storm: Dennis Skinner
                    Did we play today dad? Did we get any goals? Nil, son. Because of Dennis: Nil, son.

Comment

https://twitter.com/GrahamScambler/status/1228598649220935680?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                        Still not getting this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post

Still not getting this.
                          If you go on OTF's accompanying facebook page (the one we occasionally use when Snake has knocked the plug out the wall) all will be clearer.
                          Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 15-02-2020, 13:23.

Comment

Mrs. NS and I are supposed to be getting a train down to Hampshire this afternoon, celebrating a friend's birthday by travelling on the RAT (Real Ale Train) that runs on the Watercress Line and then the travelling back home later this evening. If Storm Dennis doesn't interfere with any of the schedule I'll be absolutely amazed.

Comment

“Why are you using a straightened-out basketball hoop to check the strength of the imminent storm?”
                              ”That’s my Dennis Rod, man.”

“I gather you’ve been preempting the most severe storm locations - a bit like one of those typhoon chasers?”
                              ”That’s right - you might even call me a Dennis Hopper.”

Well, what do you want? Satire?

Comment

Working...
                              X