Fuck off, IDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuck off, IDS

IDS says live on TV that the government only care about the people who vote for them. I mean it's not an earth shattering fact, but, you know, they tend not to say those things out loud.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

A lot of the media coverage of this seems to be based on the amusing assumption that Iain Duncan Smith gives any kind of a fuck about cuts. He obviously thought he was going to be sacked after the Brexit referendum, whatever the result of it was, and he's decided to jump now to position himself as a possible chancellor in a future government, gambling that Cameron will be gone soon.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

I think that he did give a fuck about the cuts, in that he saw them - according to various analyses about the behind-the-scenes discussions before every budget - as detrimental to his messianic, deeply misguided and viciously implemented crusade to bring in Universal Credit.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

Borracho wrote: A lot of the media coverage of this seems to be based on the amusing assumption that Iain Duncan Smith gives any kind of a fuck about cuts. He obviously thought he was going to be sacked after the Brexit referendum, whatever the result of it was, and he's decided to jump now to position himself as a possible chancellor in a future government, gambling that Cameron will be gone soon.
          IDS as Chancellor? No chance at all. He's one of the "moral" conservatives, not a moneyman as the Chancellor needs to be. Home Secretary would be about the limit, where he could do "what have you got to hide anyway?" bollocks.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

Talking of hiding.

Tory aides make Transport for London engineers dig a hole for a photoshoot for Osborne and Goldsmith so they could hide from protesters.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

ad hoc wrote: IDS says live on TV that the government only care about the people who vote for them. I mean it's not an earth shattering fact, but, you know, they tend not to say those things out loud.
              George Osborne actually said during his Budget speech - "And it's proof that when the South West votes blue, their voice is heard loud in Westminster."

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

IDS' pals trying to take credit for the jobs miracle, which seems to be more to do with Gordo/John Major's flexible labour market. Plenty of criticisms to make of that, of course.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

I normally avoid internet live feeds of developing events but looking through the Guardian live feed of Tory Turmoil has brightened up my Monday lunch I can tell you. It's brilliant.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

Considering the issue, David Davis makes probably the most inappropriate choice of phrase he could possibly use in support of IDS:
                    This man is committed to helping the working poor. What he felt time and time again is that he has been handicapped.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

David Schneider (@davidschneider)
                      21/03/2016 15:35
                      Osborne has failed to turn up for Urgent Question on #Budget2016. Presumably, in keeping with DWP rules, he’ll now be sanctioned.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

I'd like to see Jacob Rees-Mogg hanging by his pencil neck from a lamp post.

Any lamp post.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

IDS action timeline

Long, long list of the shit rained down on vulnerable people by this vampire and his government.

Comment

Fuck off, IDS

What a scumbag that man is.

Comment

His legacy lives on.

Comment

Is this still the DWP are scum thread?

Comment

Working...
                                X