Whatever happened to Might Bite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to Might Bite?

Niche horse-racing question, thread-title-bandwaggoning. Only longeared, Paul S, jwdd and Stevex9 will have a clue what I am talking about.

Apologies.

*The answer is, of course, that he left it all on the track in the 2018 Gold Cup.

Originally posted by KGR View Post
    *The answer is, of course, that he left it all on the track in the 2018 Gold Cup.
    (with apologies)

Yeah, I think he'd peaked about then, Native River showing him the difference between a very good horse and a legendary one.

He's always been a bugger to train by all accounts, and his quirkiness showed when he almost threw away his RSA victory by trying to dive into the Guinness Village on the home straight.
    Subsequent efforts have shown that age and quirkiness are not a great mix in a horse.

However Henderson is suggesting throwing him in to the Cross Country this year, which will be interesting if he can latch on to Tiger Roll like he did Native River. I'll have him e/w if he's double digit odds.

The decline of Samcro is even more dramatic, but I guess we'll have to wait for a thread that rhymes with him.

Comment

Anyone done 'whatever happened to Mr Byrite?' yet?

Comment

I was surprised when Mr Byrite closed, as I was buying just about everything in the one in Stratford Shopping Centre.

As for Might Bite, the Cross Country may well be a good option for him. I like the horse, but just can't warm to a jockey called Nico de Boinville...

Comment

‘Whatever happened to Fight Night’? That sort of works.

I haven’t started it because I haven’t been interested in boxing for about thirty years.

Comment

I only recently became aware of Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's prominence in the Mr Byrite management structure in the 1980s. Funny old world.

Comment

Working...
            X