Clear All

• hobbes
    replied
    I Believe

Leave a comment:

• Amor de Cosmos
    replied
    Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post
    I understand how internal combustion engines work, more or less, but I’ve always found it hard to believe that the cycle of fuel injection, ignition, and exhaust can happen many thousands of times per minute. It seems like it would be slower than that and take more fuel per cycle. I can’t quite picture it.
    I have the same feeling about lithography. I understand it's based on oil and water not mixing, but with that degree of precision? Getoutahere! Don't believe it. Not possible. But I know it is because I worked with it for so long. Still confounds me.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    I can't quite believe functioning adults went out and voted for Boris Johnson.

Or that so many Americans were stupid enough to vote for Trump.

I can't really believe the human race still has religions.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Pepsi
    started a topic Truths I can’t quite believe

Truths I can’t quite believe

I understand how internal combustion engines work, more or less, but I’ve always found it hard to believe that the cycle of fuel injection, ignition, and exhaust can happen many thousands of times per minute. It seems like it would be slower than that and take more fuel per cycle. I can’t quite picture it.

I don’t really believe in the clothes featured in fashion magazines. Why would anyone pay $100 for a t-shirt or $500+ for shoes? Even if you can afford it, why pay so much when you can get the same thing, essentially, for so much less. And I don’t understand the point of designers spending so much on those weird things they show off at fashion shows. Does anyone actually buy that? I get that it’s more for the ideas and not the actual products, but then why bother pretending it’s part of the “new collection. But it seems like all the fashion experts and designers just wear basic, albeit overpriced, stuff.

The Kardashians. Everything about them.

MMA. Why would anyone do that to their own head?

Working...
X