No announcement yet.

The Final Countdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now, from Norwich, it's the bigot of the week…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...126.html%3famp

Comment

So it seems likely the "loss" of Gibraltar will be one of first accomplishments of the New Order. The Empire the Brexiters longed to retain will be be just a teeny bit smaller.

Comment

Gibraltar is so interdependent with Spain that having an economic border there would be ludicrous.Anyone who has crossed the border when the Latino workers walk over knows that you couldn't do anything that slows down that flow without severely damaging the economy there or pissing off a lot of people whose day is suddenly extended.

Comment

Certainly, but grasping for the ludicrous seems to be the political fashion these days. The EU is now backing Spain in negotiations against a third party. Will Boris send a gunboat d'ya reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
            And now, from Norwich, it's the bigot of the week…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ind...126.html%3famp
            And on Twitter, the proud Brexiters dismissed it as a Remoaner plant. Fake news is anything you don't agree with.

(Having said that, who knows if it's real or not?)

Comment

Are the plod making stuff like this up now?

A Norfolk Police spokeswoman confirmed on Sunday that officers had attended the Winchester Tower on Saturday evening and found that all the posters had been removed. Police collected posters saved by residents for forensic enquiries, and officers are working with the council to examine CCTV footage.

The spokesperson added: “There is no place in society for hatred and intolerance. Nobody should have to face intimidation because of who they are and it is more important than ever that we stand together in the face of hostility. We remain committed to helping people feel safe and secure as they go about their lives.

“The matter is being dealt with as a racially aggravated public order incident and anyone with information which could help officers with enquiries should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting crime reference 36/7964/20.”

Comment

No probably not. I was too depressed to read about it.

Meanwhile...

Comment

To be fair, all of those things could be true. They could be better prepared than was reported and still be completely unprepared. Lot of room there.

Comment

I think Brexit is a massive error and the consequences will be disastrous. At the same time, I hope I am completely wrong. I have people I care about in England; some of whom were silly enough to be duped. I don't want them suffering for that, so I hope they are right and I am wrong. I'm not though.

Comment

Stuart Garner is a massive scammer.

Comment

It's quite interesting to see the number of Brexit-supporting Twitter accounts which have either suddenly become inactive in the last few days, or have switched to reporting the gillet jeunes protests in France/calling for Frexit.

It's almost as if the problem wasn't the UK's membership of the EU, rather the issue being that the EU continues to exist at all. And probably confirms the suspicion that many of the pro-Brexit accounts weren't operated by UK-based users after all.

Comment

If I see the name Stuart Garner in isolation I assume he's a winger for a middling League One side. It's that kind of name, somehow. Or possibly a forward for a Super League side.
                          Last edited by Kevin S; 03-02-2020, 11:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post
                            It's quite interesting to see the number of Brexit-supporting Twitter accounts which have either suddenly become inactive in the last few days, or have switched to reporting the gillet jeunes protests in France/calling for Frexit.

It's almost as if the problem wasn't the UK's membership of the EU, rather the issue being that the EU continues to exist at all. And probably confirms the suspicion that many of the pro-Brexit accounts weren't operated by UK-based users after all.
                            It's OK, I am sure it will all be thoroughly investigated by the Government and report released in due course.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin S View Post
                              If I see the name Stuart Garner in isolation I assume he's a winger for a middling League One side. It's that kind of name, somehow. Or possibly a forward for a Super League side.
                              Strangely enough that was exactly what I was thinking!

Comment

Simon Garner and I once had a pint in the clubhouse at Erith and Belvedere

Bill Garner had his own song on replacing Peter Osgood at Chelsea. "Goodbye Ossie, hello Donkey"

Garnerville is an electoral ward beside Belfast City Airport

Comment

Originally posted by Me Old Flower View Post

A lot of Brexiteers getting active in other ways.
                                  This thread is very worrying and fits with what I’ve seen and heard
                                  . The Conservative Party and Robinson & Britain First are United .
                                  This is a fairly high profile black woman.
                                  [URL]https://twitter.com/tanyalorettadee/status/1224254390481178624?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                  X