Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heliotrope
    replied
    It's weird now that the city I live in has reinstated a mask mandate (which many private businesses have adopted, too) but transport has changed their policy overnight because of that judge's decision. I could have gone from not wearing one on the bus to putting it on as I cut through a building to get to the subway station, then off again on the subway but on again at the office, where people are spread out and most are still working at home. However, on the bus, almost everyone was still wearing masks, and that subway line and its stations are so disgusting anymore that you want to wear one.

Leave a comment:

• caja-dglh
    replied
    I was struck by how many people were wearing masks again in the village. It seems to be associated with a load of people traveling during spring break resulting in a load of outbreaks across the schools. Which is strange as COVID doesn't spread in schools.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    Though I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised never to have been hassled or even looked at askance when we were the only ones masked in Ohio and Western Pennsylvania.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    I'm waiting for when I'm asked why I'm wearing a mask in the grocery store and I can tell someone they're violating my hippo rights

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    I'm afraid that you are likely correct.

It is really insane how divisive masking has become in much of this country.

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
    This because a Trump-appointed district court judge in Florida issued a seriously disingenuous opinion vacating the CDC mandate
    I have only read that the administration said that they will be discussing whether to appeal or not. I'm guessing that they don't want to be seen trying to force Americans to continue to wear masks before the election and won't appeal.

Leave a comment:

• ursus arctos
    replied
    This because a Trump-appointed district court judge in Florida issued a seriously disingenuous opinion vacating the CDC mandate

Leave a comment:

• Incandenza
    replied
    So all of the major American carriers have made masks on domestic flights optional. Saw a tweet where a pilot announced the change in mid-flight and the flight attendants came around with trash bags so people could throw their masks away.

https://twitter.com/sparksjls/status/1516226848165928960

Leave a comment:

• Artificial Hipster
    replied
    Have we reached the stage in a marathon where all the stragglers begin to show up? Mine's a souvenir from Norfolk. Mrs H's mum tested positive on Sunday morning, I started to get a headache the same evening and have tested positive at the second attempt today.

I've still got the headache and other than feeling a bit drained that's largely it. My throat hurts a little when I cough but I'm coughing maybe once an hour so that's manageable enough.

So does anyone want a Kae Tempest ticket for Friday?

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied
    Feeling much, much better today. Hopefully the worst has passed.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Wishing everyone the best and for speedy recoveries.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied
    Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post

Yes, thanks for worrying, but I'm all finished with Covid now. Two days of feeling utterly shit, one of feeling mildly shit, and then all done.
    I'm hoping for that pattern (without your later addition - hope you're okay). Thanks blameless. Worst onset also appears to be about 3am each time. Just glad I'm double vaxxed and boosted. Can only imagine how bad it would have been otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Best wishes to all above

Leave a comment:

• blameless
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
    Might try that. I seem to experiencing symptoms on some sort of day by day basis. If it’s Saturday it must be fever and chills day, Sunday = advanced bowel clearance day + aches and pains, Monday is sore throat day apparently.
    That was the thing I found most maddening - the symptoms never seem to be the same two days in a row. I had an extremely runny nose, followed by severe fatigue, followed by the nose again, followed by migraines, then fatigue again, then wild temperature fluctuations, the fatigue hat-trick... quite apart from the draining and stressfull effects of being ill, the guessing game is an added bastard.

Hope you're feeling better soon UE.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
    Admittedly I then went to the hospital at the weekend and got something much worse, but at least I'm covid-free.
    Oh no, hope you're on the mend.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Admittedly I then went to the hospital at the weekend and got something much worse, but at least I'm covid-free.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Originally posted by Janik View Post
    Has Pebblethefish been seen recently either here or elsewhere on line?
    Yes, thanks for worrying, but I'm all finished with Covid now. Two days of feeling utterly shit, one of feeling mildly shit, and then all done.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    If I never log out, am I shown to be constantly online, or how does it work?

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Get well soon, all OTFers currently down with it.

We've had nine consecutive weeks of descending numbers here, which is nice. And the government announced a few days ago that they were going to stop publishing the daily figures of infections and deaths some time soon, even though a new wave is apparently expected in May. Which sounds fucking idiotic to me, but what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

He's been online today.
    Encouraging news. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Mrs Thistle suggested we do lateral flow tests. This is mainly in advance of her sister and sort-of-partner* arriving on Tuesday. I mentioned this and she retorted "it's not as if I'm getting out the red pencil!"

* a long, weird story that, honestly, nobody really gets, not even us and we are the ones telling it

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Janik View Post
    He's been online today.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied

Leave a comment:

• willie1foot
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
    Might try that. I seem to experiencing symptoms on some sort of day by day basis. If it’s Saturday it must be fever and chills day, Sunday = advanced bowel clearance day + aches and pains, Monday is sore throat day apparently.
    Oh dear...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X