Clear All

• Duncan Gardner
    replied
    Best wishes to all above

Leave a comment:

• blameless
    replied
    Originally posted by Uncle Ethan View Post
    Might try that. I seem to experiencing symptoms on some sort of day by day basis. If it’s Saturday it must be fever and chills day, Sunday = advanced bowel clearance day + aches and pains, Monday is sore throat day apparently.
    That was the thing I found most maddening - the symptoms never seem to be the same two days in a row. I had an extremely runny nose, followed by severe fatigue, followed by the nose again, followed by migraines, then fatigue again, then wild temperature fluctuations, the fatigue hat-trick... quite apart from the draining and stressfull effects of being ill, the guessing game is an added bastard.

Hope you're feeling better soon UE.

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
    Admittedly I then went to the hospital at the weekend and got something much worse, but at least I'm covid-free.
    Oh no, hope you're on the mend.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Admittedly I then went to the hospital at the weekend and got something much worse, but at least I'm covid-free.

Leave a comment:

• pebblethefish
    replied
    Originally posted by Janik View Post
    Has Pebblethefish been seen recently either here or elsewhere on line?
    Yes, thanks for worrying, but I'm all finished with Covid now. Two days of feeling utterly shit, one of feeling mildly shit, and then all done.

Leave a comment:

• Sporting
    replied
    If I never log out, am I shown to be constantly online, or how does it work?

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Get well soon, all OTFers currently down with it.

We've had nine consecutive weeks of descending numbers here, which is nice. And the government announced a few days ago that they were going to stop publishing the daily figures of infections and deaths some time soon, even though a new wave is apparently expected in May. Which sounds fucking idiotic to me, but what do I know?

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied
    Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

He's been online today.
    Encouraging news. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    Mrs Thistle suggested we do lateral flow tests. This is mainly in advance of her sister and sort-of-partner* arriving on Tuesday. I mentioned this and she retorted "it's not as if I'm getting out the red pencil!"

* a long, weird story that, honestly, nobody really gets, not even us and we are the ones telling it

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied
    Originally posted by Janik View Post
    He's been online today.

Leave a comment:

• Janik
    replied

Leave a comment:

• willie1foot
    replied
    Might try that. I seem to experiencing symptoms on some sort of day by day basis. If it’s Saturday it must be fever and chills day, Sunday = advanced bowel clearance day + aches and pains, Monday is sore throat day apparently.
    Oh dear...

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    My attempt to prove Jamesons is a cure for COVID can now begin. Bugger.
    Hot whiskeys are the way to go. Get a full slice of lemon, stud each segment with a Clove. Lob in a load of honey, add whiskey to desired levels, throw in boiling water. You'll get a couple of refills out of each studded lemon slice. Make sure you do a couple at the start, because you don't want to be messing around with a knife beyond a certain point.

I guarantee you you'll feel better. Whether it'll help you get better, is a seperate issue

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied
    My attempt to prove Jamesons is a cure for COVID can now begin. Bugger.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    The people compiling the Herman Cain Awards on Reddit have noticed the growing trend for family members to lock down or delete social media profiles after antivaxxers die from covid. It seems to stem from a mix of denial and embarrassment.
    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 17-04-2022, 22:58.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied
    Thanks - in fact our isolation was short-lived. Change of rules yesterday set us all free. Negative RATs so far.

Leave a comment:

• willie1foot
    replied
    All four house-dwellers are in isolation after we had a friend round for dinner last night who tested positive (RAT) this morning after testing negative yesterday.
    Fingers crossed for you and the family Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Patrick Thistle
    replied
    It was well over 600 deaths reported today in the UK.

The general consensus in meatspace conversations is that most people know more people with it now than at any time previously. Health service staff really seem to be getting hit.

Hope you feel better soon pebblethefish

Leave a comment:

• Antepli Ejderha
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Ethan
    replied
    All four house-dwellers are in isolation after we had a friend round for dinner last night who tested positive (RAT) this morning after testing negative yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Capybara
    replied
    Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
    Hope you've already seen the worst. Take care pebble
    This. Get well soon pebble.

Leave a comment:

• The Awesome Berbaslug!!!
    replied
    Hope you've already seen the worst. Take care pebble

Leave a comment:

• willie1foot
    replied
    Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
    Damn it. After two years I was starting to believe I was immune, or at least that the virus was taking one look at my tar, nicotine and TB filled lungs and thinking to itself "Fuck, there's no room for us in here, let's go and find someone healthy to infect." Sadly yesterday I tested positive, and although it hardly seems to have affected my lungs, I seem to be alternating between too hot and too cold and have spent the last 36 hours being too tired to keep my eyes open, but unable to get to sleep.
    Damn… hope the dose is not too severe for you and is over soon

Leave a comment:

• San Bernardhinault
    replied
    And good luck and good health, pebble,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X