No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend an SNA most definitely caught it in school, still has no sense of taste or smell.

Comment

Well the figures were for the kids and I suspect the numbers are very different for adults and even 2-5% is not zero. But it's still extremely low. Sending entire classes home on those numbers is a big ask, particularly when you're doing more than one class
      Last edited by The Awesome Berbaslug!!!; 24-09-2021, 16:35.

Comment

I wouldn't have massive faith in the contact tracing operation tbh. They've gone back to the last 48 hours only, rather than tracing back a week, due to the numbers.

also schools were reopening no matter what. It's about the only thing that would collapse this shitfire govt, is schools closing again.
        Last edited by Lang Spoon; 24-09-2021, 17:19.

Comment

Regardless of what you might think the chances of transmission are in schools, this is happening right now...

https://twitter.com/ProfColinDavis/status/1441460062942154762

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
            I have no faith in the police sorting it out. They'd go and have a word and the antivaxmums would just say they are expressing concerns about their ickle kiddies and weren't preventing anyone from going inside. And the police will say "OK then, on you go".

(If they were holding a vigil for a woman or a black lad murdered by a police officer the cops would already be there cracking heads.)
            We had the same thing in this Province a few weeks back, mainly they were demonstrating outside emergency departments. There was widespread outrage followed by the government emphasizing that anyone harassing front-line workers would be arrested. It stopped after that. At least for the moment .

Comment

https://twitter.com/KXAN_News/status/1441180606008725516?s=19

Comment

A Covid patient in Donegal has died, after discharging himself against medical advice, when advised to do so by activists. His condition then deteriorated, and when he returned to the hospital, he had to be placed on a ventilator.

Comment

Was that fucking Gemma and Waters?

Comment

No, some Italian guy called Antonio Mureddu, seems he's also a member of Salvini's party back home.

Comment

Lovely

Comment

Murredu lives in Galway and is a known Fascist and member of the Freeman on the Land (sovereign citizen) movement.

He is to the right of Salvini, which is a very Italian thing.

Comment

Another example of how Covid doesn't care about anyone's beliefs when it sees some nice warm lungs to make a home in.

Comment

This isn't particularly a Covid post, but not sure if there's a general NHS thread... but it seems like it's falling apart... just read these two threads...

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1441693760912445444

Comment

From a friend's Facebook post

So the hubby has Covid. The joys of being a teacher. Coughing like a 40 year smoker (and he has never smoked) and not feeling the best. At least double jabbed so hopefully that will reduce symptoms. With his asthma he is high risk for complications so keeping everything crossed. Stay safe, it's still out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                Murredu lives in Galway and is a known Fascist and member of the Freeman on the Land (sovereign citizen) movement.

He is to the right of Salvini, which is a very Italian thing.
                                Christ, those Freemen dickheads. Judges love/hate them.

Covid is appearing in my daughter's year 6 cohort, it seems to be affecting those with secondary school siblings more than anyone else.

Comment

Judicial frustration with them here here is grounded in the fact that they rarely commit crimes that carry long sentences, so are constantly re-appearing.

Unfortunately, we are both slow to prosecute tax evasion and have a system where even slam dunk cases take a long time to complete.

Comment

Letter from the school. It's now officially classified as a "Covid cluster" as they've had 9 positive cases across 4 different classes, but very few measures are being put in place. The affected classes will now have separate lunch and break times to the rest of the school and that's about it. None of the cases are in my son or daughter's class yet but I know that at least two are in one of the next door classes so I'm not sure how effective this half-arsed separation is going to be. We still have to send children in unless they themselves show symptoms.

Comment

Argentina's now at a seven-day average of about 1,500 new cases per day, and on Monday the City of Buenos Aires (population just over 3 million) reported 88 cases. On Sunday (with the obvious massive caveat that it's a weekend figure) there were 13 deaths reported nationwide. The last week has had the lowest numbers in both cases and deaths since about July last year. And testing positivity is still at 3%.

We're at 47.7% of the whole population fully vaccinated now (just over 60% of the City!), though second dosing seems to have slowed down in the last few days. The health minister said on Monday either that the government want to start next week with 50% of the population double jabbed (which looks like it might be a tall order at the current rate they're doing second doses – although for some reason the Monday jab figures haven't been added to the infographic I check yet, so perhaps they're speeding up again) or that they want to hit 50% during next week. The report I've just read isn't clear (in that it states both interpretations in different paragraphs, neither with a direct quote of her words). I'm not sure what's causing it exactly (possibly just its geographical size) but the Province of Buenos Aires looks like it might be acting as a bit of a drag on the national figures at the moment: it's at 64.88% with one dose but just 46.96% with two (the respective figures for the City are 75.06% and 60.92%), and given that the Province of BA contains pretty much a third of the people in the country (and its largest urban area by a huge margin) it's obviously affecting the numbers. There was an appeal by the health minsters of the country and the province to people who've had their first dose to not forget to make an appointment when the time comes for their second.

The City opened registration to 12–17 year olds with no underlying conditions to register for vaccination today.

Comment

And a little boy in my son's class has now tested positive. So that's at least ten cases across at least five classes but all the affected classes currently remain open...

Comment

And on cue, son has woken up coughing. I desperately hope he doesn't get ill while I'm here alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                                            And a little boy in my son's class has now tested positive. So that's at least ten cases across at least five classes but all the affected classes currently remain open...
                                            That is - pardon my language - fucking ridiculous.

Comment

It's clear that, for whatever reason, the aim is to infect a many children as quickly as possible.

Parents who are isolating with Covid-19 are still allowed to send their kids to school so long as they have no symptoms or haven't tested positive.

I hope he's OK Balderdasha and it's just a seasonal cough.

Comment

Another letter from the school. It's now 12 positive cases across seven classes. Son stopped coughing as soon as he woke up and doesn't have a temperature but does have a slight snotty nose. I've sent him into school as I can't keep him home for every single cold. But this is pretty ridiculous. Found out that one of the other cases is in the next door class to daughter.

Comment

Best of luck Balders.

No one on here deserves such travails less than you do.

AE is spot on about the Government's "strategy" in this respect. The least they could do is be honest about it.

Comment

Still no update from Public Health England on their planned return to the school to administer some more vaccinations. I'm telling parents to book externally as well, go to the first appointment and cancel the other.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X