No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does RAG mean? I've never heard it before either. (I mean I now know it means red amber green but what does that mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
      RAG ratings are used a lot in project reports to indicate status. For example: In time and on budget = green. Over time or budget = amber. Over both = red. Gives a dashboard overview on a lot of metrics.

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
        What does RAG mean? I've never heard it before either. (I mean I now know it means red amber green but what does that mean?
        It's used for things like risk management / audit / project status reports e.g. green = all fine, amber = some cause for concern, red = bad, or whatever. That's too simple for some people, who want green-amber and amber-red involved too.

I've also seen blue involved, to denote something being completed, producing the inevitable BRAG.

I suspect it was all invented by Big Print Cartridge to drive sales of colour cartridges, but now look what's happened to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          You don't get yellow traffic lights do you.
          red
          amber
          green
          Middle one is "orange" in France. I used to call it "the orange light" here and get blank stares (it is orange though)

Comment

I'm colour blind and the difference between amber and y?llow and orange ?nd even red in certain lights is unclear to say the least.

Comment

How are you with tangerine and old gold?

Comment

Originally posted by Fussbudget View Post
                How are you with tangerine and old gold?
                Blackpool and Wolves?

Comment

Among others. Sorry just amusing myself with the creative ways some clubs have of kidding themselves that they don't play in orange. Probably not the right thread for this

Comment

Wolves have been particularly lax with colour discipline since their glory years

Italian clubs have several different words for very similar shades of claret

Comment

I have never heard of RAG rating before now, and I don't feel that my life was any less rich for that. Quite possibly the opposite.

Comment

Back over in 'we are a very stupid society' news, our local schools opened for students this week, though with families being able to keep children home and continue remote learning (like us). Three days in school, already a positive test reported at school today.

Comment

I’ve been trying to get my head around these U.K. figures.

100,000 dead (over 11 months) is 50% higher than the total number of civilian dead from military causes during the entirety (68 months) of WW2.

Comment

'RAG' is fairly common in tech parlance around here, we even have a RAG field in our JIRA install for tracking higher-level features.

Comment

I've always called the middle traffic light either amber or orange. No apparent logic as to which one.

Comment

I'm surprised it prompted so much comment. The RAG assignation to wards replaced the phrases "clean ward" and "dirty ward" meaning wards that didn't and did have Covid respectively. So a marked improvement because using a phrase like "dirty ward" isn't going to inspire confidence. (Regardless of his dirty the ward actually is. And they can be very.)

Comment

I think it was the expectation that USians would know "RAG rating" that prompted the comments (well, that and nobody being able to agree on what the non-red or green traffic light's colour is).

Comment

I feel this article has a point:
                                    https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...-masks/617656/

Comment

Ugh, RAG. It's one of those project-management-speak terms for colour coding. I always forget what it stands for, and then realise they just mean using colours to denote status of project items.

Comment

The current moral panic about hunting down people going for exercise more than x miles away or entering supermarkets without masks is just the latest aspect of media narratives about the virus which almost never mention people being forced to go to work and use mass transport to do so

Comment

It doesn't strike me as in any way useful. You can tell someone the status of a project without being as reductive as that.

Edit:RAG I mean
                                          Last edited by ad hoc; 14-01-2021, 06:26.

Comment

Talking of RAGs here’s what they were pumping out over the summer

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1349328972958588935?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarcon View Post
                                              I’ve been trying to get my head around these U.K. figures.

100,000 dead (over 11 months) is 50% higher than the total number of civilian dead from military causes during the entirety (68 months) of WW2.
                                              The same for me, trying to get my head around the numbers that is.

10% of all Covid-19 deaths are in the UK.
                                              10% of all Covid-19 deaths in the UK have happened in 2021.

Yes, people are to blame because of their actions, they could have said no to the stupid eat out to help out scheme, they could have sacrificed a foreign holiday.

However this doesn't take away from the actions of Johnson, the government and their cronies.

Billions wasted on track and trace, on PPE that didn't work, on schemes that encouraged people to mingle, and all this helped to line the pockets of Tory donors in corruption that we've never seen before in the UK.

However it is the people who are to blame, the 17 million who voted for Brexit because they were unable to put their prejudices aside for the greater good.

And the similar numbers who voted for Johnson and Farage and caused this incompetent and corrupt government that we've got for nearly another four years. Minimum. Because in that time Scotland will become independent and Sir Keith Forensic will have done nothing.

Where is the media? The BBC continues to be an affront to moral decency. They've created and allowed Johnson to have this hold on the country.

In France or other countries people would be on the streets rioting if this happened there. We might stand on our doorstep and clap before returning to Strictly.

As a country we're fucked, fucked in a very Victorian way.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

The same for me, trying to get my head around the numbers that is.

10% of all Covid-19 deaths are in the UK.
                                                10% of all Covid-19 deaths in the UK have happened in 2021.

Yes, people are to blame because of their actions, they could have said no to the stupid eat out to help out scheme, they could have sacrificed a foreign holiday.

However this doesn't take away from the actions of Johnson, the government and their cronies.

Billions wasted on track and trace, on PPE that didn't work, on schemes that encouraged people to mingle, and all this helped to line the pockets of Tory donors in corruption that we've never seen before in the UK.

However it is the people who are to blame, the 17 million who voted for Brexit because they were unable to put their prejudices aside for the greater good.

And the similar numbers who voted for Johnson and Farage and caused this incompetent and corrupt government that we've got for nearly another four years. Minimum. Because in that time Scotland will become independent and Sir Keith Forensic will have done nothing.

Where is the media? The BBC continues to be an affront to moral decency. They've created and allowed Johnson to have this hold on the country.

In France or other countries people would be on the streets rioting if this happened there. We might stand on our doorstep and clap before returning to Strictly.

As a country we're fucked, fucked in a very Victorian way.
                                                The man responsible for those figures

https://twitter.com/stefsimanowitz/status/1349628134396715008?s=21

Comment

"The UK has the highest death rate in the world."

World-beating Britain!

Comment

16,445 deaths worldwide yesterday. Another new high, up from 16,010 the day before (higher than the original figure I reported, it sometimes takes more than 24 hours for deaths to be assigned to a particular day).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X