No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair play that seems like well founded analysis from MP O'Brien. And lies from the Daily Mail.

Comment

Excess death in the UK

Comment

I posted this before: Swedish professor interviews Taiwanese minister.

Comment

The current global death toll of 1.398 million+ is now higher than the population of Trinidad and Tobago.

Comment

Italy is the sixth country to report more than 50,000 deaths from Covid-19.

Comment

I spoke to my dad briefly yesterday. He is very keen on pointing out how badly the USA has managed Covid-19. I mentioned that the UK has a higher death rate than the USA, more deaths per million people. He got very annoyed and started blustering on about that being because we're recording the deaths properly and the USA aren't. There is not really any point arguing with him. He wants to think the UK is managing this well and will just get increasingly belligerent if you present any information to the contrary.

Comment

Zero deaths in Ireland for the first time in two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                  Zero deaths in Ireland for the first time in two weeks.
                  And the county rates have fallen significantly:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1330932863731179520

Comment

If the pubs in England have to stop serving at 10 but can stay open until 11 for drinking up, how does that make sense financially? It'll mean that publicans will incur the overheads including staff costs for an additional hour where they aren't earning any money...like much of this government's Covid-19 policies, it just doesn't seem thought through.

Comment

If I was being charitable, I could argue that it helps people drift out of the pub slowly rather than there being a big rush with everyone together.

In reality, I think it’s just not thought through.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                        If I was being charitable, I could argue that it helps people drift out of the pub slowly rather than there being a big rush with everyone together.

In reality, I think it’s just not thought through.
                        It is indeed all about staggering the staggering out times (!). But why not just make it 20 minutes...who the fuck is gonna nurse a pint for an hour???

Comment

Originally posted by gt3 View Post

It is indeed all about staggering the staggering out times (!). But why not just make it 20 minutes...who the fuck is gonna nurse a pint for an hour???
                          The hospitality sector needs to shift its stock of wine somehow...

Comment

Many people won't nurse a pint for an hour, they're going to buy 3 fuckers and sit it out until 11 when they all get kicked out at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                              Many people won't nurse a pint for an hour, they're going to buy 3 fuckers and sit it out until 11 when they all get kicked out at the same time.
                              Yep. Except 3 is a minimum.

Comment

It's largely academic. Most areas will be Tier 2 or above which means you can only stay there while you have a meal or the pubs are all closed anyway.

Comment

When I read it on Twitter I thought someone was taking the piss, but apparently they really are using the branding “the season to be jolly careful".

Comment

I guess I don't need to worry about buying a train season ticket until the end of March then...

Comment

There is something on Channel 4 +1 right now called is covid racist.

Comment

LA County is going to go back into a stay-at-home order.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post
                                          There is something on Channel 4 +1 right now called is covid racist.
                                          What was the verdict?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
                                            And a couple of shorts, just in case.

You do wonder if the people making the decisions have ever been to a normal pub.

Comment

California blew past its previous high yesterday with 17,893 new cases (per Worldometer), over 4,000 more than the next worst day so far. LA alone had over 6,000.

Comment

Romania went into a second lockdown (though not as severe as the first one) on November 9th. Today numbers are starting to look slightly better as a result of that. Tomorrow will be a better indication, as usually Wednesday's number (representing Tuesday's new cases) tends to be the biggest of the week.

Comment

So apparently three households will be allowed to mingle for five days (23 - 28 December) in the UK over Christmas. The start of that period isn't even a week after most schools break up. "Give Granny Covid for Christmas" is how the policy is being officially billed. (Or not.)

Comment

All around the table for Christmas, all around her grave in the New Year.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X