Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1268899749203251200

Comment

It seems that my MP, not only a real doctor but a real doctor that recently volunteered to help in the NHS, arose one day this week and decided that it might be a good idea if we eventually allow Chlorinated Chicken into our shops so he voted to help make it happen. Which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
        Knowing how the public react, the instant anyone says 'Handwashing might not do anything to protect you' they'll be back to licking everything and plunging their hands into the salad bar potato salad after scratching their genitals.
        Here speaks a man who frequents harvester.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
          I suspect nobody wants to highlight this because it would mean that all the hand-washing, sanitising, glove-wearing, not touching doors stuff turns out to be useless for covid and all the public health people who've been pushing that will once again be called inconsistent and useless and people will ask how we can trust them on anything ever again. Also, as I understand it, all the handwashing has been effective in reducing all kinds of other diseases, so they also probably don't want us to stop.
          Far from the most important aspect of course, but it makes it even more absurd that at the end of the press briefing where Johnson was under pressure to defend Cummings, he was reduced to jibbering "wash your hands, wash your hands" over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by Tactical Genius View Post

Here speaks a man who frequents harvester.

Comment

Knowing how the public react, the instant anyone says 'Handwashing might not do anything to protect you' they'll be back to licking everything and plunging their hands into the salad bar potato salad after scratching their genitals.
              Health experts have to lie to people to make them do the right thing, or at least exaggerate, I suspect. If a safe distance is really 1 metre, the expert has to say two metres.

But this problem is minor compared to the US and UK having governments that blatantly contradict their experts at every turn, which is a major reason why they will end with the worst excess deaths per capita on the planet.
              Last edited by Satchmo Distel; 06-06-2020, 02:28.

Comment

https://twitter.com/charliearchy/status/1269092209732620288

Comment

R numbers are also significantly higher in the north-west of England, to give another disconcerting example.

Comment

The confirmed case numbers per day have been steadily rising for 2 and a half weeks now here in California, and have nearly doubled in that time. Effectively, things are almost twice as bad now as they were when we started easing the stay at home order.

The state's reaction is to carry on opening more things up.

It's a bit insane.

Comment

Up here we're (mostly) keeping things the way they've been for the past three weeks, while new cases and deaths have almost reached baseline. Today was the first since late February where there have been no new cases, and there's been only three deaths in the past eight days. The province will decide whether to go to phase three in a couple of weeks. This would include hotel and resort openings, some movie theatres, and film and TV production.

Comment

Mauritania now has more than 800 cases, and 43 deaths.

Comment

I tend to just plunge my genitals into the salad bar. It cuts out the middle man.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post

I tend to just plunge my genitals into the salad bar. It cuts out the middle man.
                            Watch out for the peri-peri dressing.

Comment

Nearly 400,000 deaths globally. Or more than the entire population of Belize.

Comment

That Belize's population is only around 400,000 is my fact of the day.

Comment

NHS CEO tweeted out that yesterdays announcements about mandatory face coverings was made without any consultation, knowledge or prior warning. Policy based on tomorrows headline, yet again.

Comment

Still nothing yet to tell me where I'm meant to get one of these masks from. Best I can think of out of stuff in my flat is tying a chain of socks round my face, which would at least stop anyone sitting anywhere me on the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
                                      The confirmed case numbers per day have been steadily rising for 2 and a half weeks now here in California, and have nearly doubled in that time. Effectively, things are almost twice as bad now as they were when we started easing the stay at home order.

The state's reaction is to carry on opening more things up.

It's a bit insane.
                                      The stores have opened up again here, even though new cases per day have increased over the past 2 weeks (though not as badly as in Southern California). My mother in law has already asked to take the kids shopping, because apparently they "need" to go to the stores. But that's because she's a sociopath, rather than an idiot.

Comment

10 deaths reported in Wales today. Hard to make sense of any real trend.

Comment

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top...ment-1-6684939

An excellent read.

Comment

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2020/06/nh...3lL7VQleE4OgzE

Comment

I'm now getting really concerned with what this corrupt government are really doing with this opportunity they've been given. It's disaster capitalism but not as we knew it. Much, much worse.

Comment

Very much the US model, where ideological lip service is used to conceal the underlying grift.

And in the case of the UK, there are a number of actors who are very active on both sides of the pond.

Comment

Florida universities: FGCU policy for Fall is to aim to deliver 50% of classes face to face, selected by an assessment of how much classroom or lab time a course would definitely need. Mine are online because they are deemed capable of being delivered virtually and asynchronously through Canvas and Kaltura..

Comment

9 more deaths and 24 new cases in Ireland, good news on the second number, the first is still a cause for concern.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X