No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No new deaths in Spain for a second consecutive day.

Comment

8 deaths in Ireland today, but a scarcely credible 10 new cases.

Comment

Bank Holiday, wasn't it? Britain seemed to record almost no cases until the figures caught up after ours.

Comment

Meanwhile, 14 days without a case in Kerry - time to seal the borders, methinks!

Comment

https://twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1267864285092470785

Comment

Originally posted by The Awesome Berbaslug!!! View Post
              If you were to restrict your diet to cans of alphabet spaghetti and crisps. then you wouldn't have half these problems!
              Spell it out for them, TAB.

Comment

India is now the 7th country to report more than 200,000 cases of Covid-19. It has over 5,800 deaths to date.

Comment

Andorra has more than 800 cases now. It had been ticking along quietly with a new case every day or two, and then suddenly there are 79 new cases today. That must be some sort of backlog of cases.

Comment

324 deaths in the UK today. And that's before the inevitable uptick in a couple of weeks after restrictions have been eased.

Comment

Chad has more than 800 cases.

Comment

There were more than 1,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19 in South America yesterday, and the continent now has over 920,000 cases.

Comment

We are still reporting daily deaths in the single digits in Wales, but new cases are a lot lower. Some of the deaths are going to be retrospective. Plus there are still some ventilated patients who ain't going to make it. One of the ITUs was Covid free but now has 2 cases admitted today. Lockdown easing being blamed.

Comment

If you weren’t scared already...
                            https://twitter.com/telegraph/status/1267927521745686528?s=21

Comment

What could possibly go wrong?

Comment

You would kind of think that if 60,000 citizens had died, the Prime Minister would sort of be in charge already.

Comment

That's is the obvious question. I hope a journo has the balls to ask him what the fuck he's been doing up to now.

Comment

Georgia has more than 800 cases (the country, not the state).

Comment

359 deaths is the number today.

https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1268193369689329664

Comment

Again no idea of how many people have been tested.

Comment

So I finally got my antibody test results back.*
                                          Looks like the flu I had was just common or garden flu. Negative for Covid. Which actually is quite annoying. I'd rather I'd already had it and got better.

(*For context I had a fever and dry cough for a week in early February and was bedridden for a couple of days.)

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                            Again no idea of how many people have been tested.
                                            More or Less on BBC R4 apparently discovered that if they swab you up the nose and then at the back of the mouth, that counts as two tests.

Comment

Death rate definitely flattening out - and that's before the latest easing measures. Definitely a cause for concern

Comment

3 more deaths, 47 new cases in Ireland. 8004 healthcare workers out of roughly 25,000 total cases is the biggest story.

Comment

"Johnson says it is possible there could be a second wave. It has its own kinetic force, he says." (from the Guardian live blog)

I hate this kind of talk. It's why I prefer the term "spike" to "wave". They are already making it sound like it's both inevitable and out of their control, rather than something whose ferocity depends on measures taken to keep things under control. The only "kinetic force" (what a fucking term) is how much you, yes you Johnson, let it spread.

Comment

Originally posted by elguapo4 View Post
                                                    3 more deaths, 47 new cases in Ireland. 8004 healthcare workers out of roughly 25,000 total cases is the biggest story.
                                                    22,698 have now recovered, so active cases fall from 1,319 to 757.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X