Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile in Cheltenham

[URL]https://twitter.com/laurenleygold/status/1237462115881046017?s=21[/URL]

Comment

"who've been in Schengen country within last 14 days" seems a wider ban than Trump actually announced. It would mean you can't evade it by traveling via UK, Canada, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
        Tom Hanks has it
        Self-isolate, Forrest, self-isolate...

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Pepsi View Post

I was thinking we were at that point.
          The South Korea approach appears to be more effective (trace, test, treat).

They've currently got a 0.7% death rate whereas Italy has a 5% death rate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51836898

Comment

Originally posted by Snake Plissken View Post

Self-isolate, Forrest, self-isolate...
            Yep, these days you never know what you're gonna get.

Hopefully it's not Terminal.
            ​​​​​

Comment

It's OK, he's got a basketball for company.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post

The South Korea approach appears to be more effective (trace, test, treat).

They've currently got a 0.7% death rate whereas Italy has a 5% death rate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-51836898
                Colleague of my girlfriend is at home with coughing and lung inflammation. Called up Swedish health board and asked about testing. Was told she doesn't meet the criteria for testing because she hasn't been in contact with a known Corona case or been in a risk zone recently.

You have to wonder how many undiagnosed cases there are out there.

Comment

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/1237923677917904898?s=20

Comment

Trumpers and COVID-19: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51840227

I love that one of his biggest fans "runs an online disaster preparation and survivalist gear company." Clever boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                      Trumpers and COVID-19: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51840227

I love that one of his biggest fans "runs an online disaster preparation and survivalist gear company." Clever boy.
                      Actually give all the whiite nationalist survivalists in Oregon etc I wonder how long we start seeing people shooting

Comment

You do worry what the knock-on mental health effects of all this will be, for those who suffer anxiety, for example, or with problematic or unhappy home lives, being cooped up all day, fretting.

Comment

Lesotho has banned all travel into and out of the country. South Africa has 17 cases, with the first of them in remission.

Comment

By the way, can't the thread title be changed? It's not just China anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by E10 Rifle View Post
                              You do worry what the knock-on mental health effects of all this will be, for those who suffer anxiety, for example, or with problematic or unhappy home lives, being cooped up all day, fretting.
                              pm for E10

Comment

Pretty weaksauce:

Statement by Presidents Charles Michel and Ursula von der Leyen on US travel ban related to COVID-19
                                The Corona virus is a global crisis, not limited to any continent and it requires cooperation rather than unilateral action.

The European Union disapproves of the fact that the US decision to impose a travel ban was taken unilaterally and without consultation.

The European Union is taking strong action to limit the spread of the virus

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

Colleague of my girlfriend is at home with coughing and lung inflammation. Called up Swedish health board and asked about testing. Was told she doesn't meet the criteria for testing because she hasn't been in contact with a known Corona case or been in a risk zone recently.

You have to wonder how many undiagnosed cases there are out there.
                                  From my understanding this resembles the Australian “approach” closely.

Comment

Originally posted by G-Man View Post
                                    By the way, can't the thread title be changed? It's not just China anymore...
                                    I'd happily change it to Covid-19 pandemic, but I don't know how.

Comment

Title has been changed. Thanks Snake.

To illustrate the mess the US is in, Florida's state colleges are adopting a different policy than state universities. Former have not yet moved to online, latter have. They also have different Spring Break dates.

Comment

17 new cases in the Oulu region today, taking the total to 18.

Comment

Guyana, and St Vincent and Grenadines are joining us.

Comment

First deaths in Greece, Guyana, Poland, Austria, and Algeria.

Comment

All Irish schools, universities, museums, galleries and tourist sites closed until March 29th, indoor gatherings of more than 100 people, and outdoor meetings of more than 500 discouraged.

Comment

Nicola Sturgeon has announced an intent to prevent gatherings of more than 500 people - pending the outcome of the Cobra meeting.

Comment

My company (South San Francisco) has now shut down on-site activities.
                                                  The kids’ schools are still open, though, and my internet is still down.

Comment

Originally posted by Diable Rouge View Post
                                                    All Irish schools, universities, museums, galleries and tourist sites closed until March 29th, indoor gatherings of more than 100 people, and outdoor meetings of more than 500 discouraged.
                                                    League of Ireland should be alright then

Comment

Working...
                                                    X