Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean of the Shed View Post
    Yesterday on one of the training courses at our place some bloke was 'het-hemming for most of the morning then had a coughing fit that left him completely out of breath. It was only at this point he decided it might be wise to excuse himself having told everyone that he was just back from a three weeks cruise.
    I always try that one every time they send me on a training course. Normally about the time the pubs open and the course leader starts mentioning "syndicate groups".

Comment

What are syndicate groups please?

Comment

hey slackster - can see Ko Tao from where i am at the moment.

its s pretty good spot to hang out. the ferry companies are screening people travelling between the islands BTW.

told my wife about my early return and she said she'd move in with her mum while i self isolate.

that wasnt the response i was looking for!

Comment

Trump sent an autographed stock chart to supporters showing the jump in prices after he signed the national emergency declaration.

"The President would like to share the attached image with you, and passes along the following message: 'From opening of press conference, biggest day in stock market history!' " read the note, a copy of which was obtained by CNN from a source with familiar with it.
          His true character and priorities are slowly coming into focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Third rate Leszno View Post
            Sporting - I realise Spain doesn't have the same culture of takeaways as the UK, but do you know if they're closed too? I'd been casually thinking that they'd be useful if we ran out of food at home, I could go to the drive-thru or the local Chinese chippy, but now I'm wondering if that'll actually be an option when we go into lockdown.
            They seem to be open here.

Comment

Belgium has specifically exempted chip shops from its café and restaurant ban. There's only so much deprivation the masses can take before they'll riot.

Comment

Latest report on food delivery:-

Tesco - 21:00 Saturday 21st
                Ocado - 17:00 Sunday 22nd
                Waitrose - 12:00 Friday 27th

I’ll probably just go to the shops as usual, eh?

Comment

Just had a chat with a neighbour, who also happens to be a local councillor. We're going to print up some flyers with our and one or two others' telephone/mobile numbers on them, offering our services if anyone falls ill and needs help, food or medicines collected for them, etc. There are about 30 houses in our close and a couple of blocks of low-rise flats nearby so we'll leaflet the lot of them. I presume that most people have friends or family to call on in the case of an emergency but there are probably a few for whom the knowledge that there is local help available will be a comfort.
                  Last edited by Nocturnal Submission; 14-03-2020, 14:25.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/richardhorton1/status/1238801172212957184?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      Trump sent an autographed stock chart to supporters showing the jump in prices after he signed the national emergency declaration.

His true character and priorities are slowly coming into focus.
                      “Slowly”?

Comment

Did the possibility of sarcasm occur to you?

Comment

Apple have closed all their stores for 14 days. Other high street retailers will presumably follow suit.

Comment

A friend with an Italian wife reports that she spoke to a doctor in her home country this morning:

In his hospital the virus fatality rate is 10%. An article in Corriere della Sera says there's a trend towards more under-50s in ICUs as they have been less careful about social distancing.

Comment

Jesus fuckin Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                                Did the possibility of sarcasm occur to you?
                                Use the irony font

Comment

Originally posted by hobbes View Post
                                  Latest report on food delivery:-

Tesco - 21:00 Saturday 21st
                                  Ocado - 17:00 Sunday 22nd
                                  Waitrose - 12:00 Friday 27th

I’ll probably just go to the shops as usual, eh?
                                  How did you get any info on ocado?

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission View Post
                                    Just had a chat with a neighbour, who also happens to be a local councillor. We're going to print up some flyers with our and one or two others' telephone/mobile numbers of them, offering our services if anyone falls ill and needs help, food or medicines collected for them, etc. There are about 30 houses in our close and a couple of blocks of low-rise flats nearby so we'll leaflet the lot of them. I presume that most people have friends or family to call on in the case of an emergency but there are probably a few for whom the knowledge that there is local help available will be a comfort.
                                    It's a fine idea.

Comment

The specific data point in the Corriere piece is that 12 percent of those in intensive care are under 50, though the average age of those who have died is still 80

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post

How did you get any info on ocado?
                                        By going to their website and logging on. And going to the "book a slot" option.
                                        Why?

Comment

I should mention if it's not clear that the food delivery thing is only for my area.

Comment

I haven't been able to get on the ocado site at all today, is all.

Comment

It's a fine idea.

Just did the drop. Fifty or so residences.

Comment

I haven't been able to get on the ocado site at all today, is all.
                                                Strange, as I can access it without any issues

Comment

Weird. Getting a proper ocado "oops" message continually.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/etymologic/status/1238817151248711682?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                                    X