Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
    Wash your hands and you don't get HIV.
    If you wash your hands instead of having sex, that'd work.

Comment

I'm quite in favour of getting handwashing indoctrinated into kids. My niece and nephew are permanently sticky-handed.

Comment

Oh yeah. But let's stop the fantasy surface and hand cleansing stops Covid.

Comment

Thread

this is really scary, both the Spectator anf ghe Professor of Evidenced based medicine seem to be lying

https://twitter.com/_johnbye/status/1380573201500147714?s=21

Comment

Fraser Nelson and Randy Andy Neil are both sorely in need of a persistent cough.

Comment

Carl Heneghan has a history of bullshitting on Covid matters. He's a scientist espousing viewpoints drawn from politics rather than from science..

Comment

Which reminds me of this enjoyable put-down aimed at Heneghan and friends from Covid virologist Bjorn Meyer.

https://twitter.com/_b_meyer/status/1308031184287432709

Comment

Yesterday, we recorded 786,168 new cases of Covid-19 worldwide. That is only the third highest daily tally ever, with two days of over 840,000 new cases recorded in early January 2021.

The high case tally yesterday was driven by India (144,829 new cases, its highest daily total so far, and a big jump on even the day before), Brazil (89,090 new cases) and the USA (85,368 new cases, still a huge reduction on peak cases but the progress made since Biden entered the White House seems to be stalling).

I think worldwide, we're going to see very high case numbers over the next month.

The seven day average for daily deaths worldwide attributed to Covid-19 is also back over 10,000 after having dropped to about 8,500 in mid-March 2021.

Comment

I think you're right. Case numbers in Canada are up over 33% since last week, and hospitalizations a massive 62%. Here in BC we've had over 1,200 new cases on two successive days, significantly more than at any time since the pandemic began.

Comment

The number of deaths officially attributed to Covid-19 worldwide, 2.938million+, is now higher than the population of Puerto Rico.

Comment

France is the fourth country to officially exceed five million cases of Covid-19, with more than 43,000 new cases yesterday.

Comment

152,682 new cases in India yesterday. A new high, and up more than 64% on the previous Saturday's new case numbers.

Also, 838 deaths, which are up 63% on the previous Saturday.

Comment

https://twitter.com/NoToHateInWales/status/1381218485808869378?s=19

Comment

Here in San Mateo County case counts have stabilized and even dropped a bit over the past week. I think we're far enough out from Easter (which isn't much of a deal here anyway) to have some confidence that this may be real.

Comment

2 deaths and 303 new cases in Ireland. Hopefully we've passed the St Patrick's day and Easter expected spikes. The vaccination bonus looks like it's beginning to kick in as well. A chink of light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Only 7 deaths reported in the UK today. It's Sunday, but still, I don't know when it was last that low. Possibly summer 2020, possibly not since the start of the pandemic.

1,730 new cases which is similar levels to September 2020.

Some UK school kids go back tomorrow. Mine start on Tuesday. This time they'll be there for seven weeks before half term, with other areas gradually reopening. Hopefully there's been enough vaccinations to stop a huge rise in cases and / or deaths.

Comment

We've had a few 0 death days in Wales this week. Schools reopen tomorrow. Along with non-essential shops (unless they choose to stay shut in mourning for Prince Philip).

Comment

Current worldwide Covid-19 death toll of 2.95 million+ is now higher than the population of Jamaica.

Comment

India reached 169,914 new cases yesterday. I don't know if weekend reporting makes as much of a difference there, but either way, it's the highest daily tally so far and an increase of nearly 64% on the previous Sunday's figures.

Comment

It also means India has exceeded Brazil's case numbers again, though Brazil has far more deaths. Brazil is only the second country to record over 350,000 deaths whereas India has just exceeded 170,000 deaths (for a much higher population).

Comment

If India ever reaches the same death rate as, say, some of the East European countries currently, it could see 2 million or more deaths.

Comment

Germany is the 10th country to exceed 3 million confirmed cases of Covid-19.

Comment

Romania has just exceeded one million confirmed cases of Covid-19.

Comment

If India ever reaches the same death rate as, say, some of the East European countries currently, it could see 2 million or more deaths.
                                                  I was thinking of posting the same point. With the UK's per capita death rate, India would exceed 2.5 milllion deaths. With the death rate of Czechia, it would be over 3.5 million.

Comment

Was it inevitable that there would eventually be a wave that took off in India or South America?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X