No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hygiene theatre and the refusal to clearly admit the disease is airborne are the biggest failings of the WHO and all the public health authorities following them with their wash your hands/surfaces pish still front and centre of their campaigns.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jljcolorado/status/1376290976172490754

this fuckin thread nails it. Yet when they reopen hairdressers here in a few weeks, the doors and windows will be firmly closed but it's ok cos the clients will be two metres apart and everyone (bar the under 13s, who are magic) is masked and we clean all the surfaces between appointments.....

and they will be following NPHET advice. Fucking stupid world.

Comment

My school classmate/friend Dr. Christine Petersen was on MPR talking about where the virus came from. She knows what she's talking about. She's an expert on zoonotic diseases. She takes some calls from listeners, which is way more patience than I could have. She's really an impressive person.

https://www.mprnews.org/episode/2021...ovid19-started

Comment

I feel morally unclean even typing this, but I have to agree with Stephen Donnelly today - basically, there's a turf war between Foreign Affairs and Health on whether mandatory quarantine should be extended to the higher-level EU members and the US, with Donnelly proposing and Coveney opposing, resulting in the absurd situation where arrivals from Israel (where virtually every adult in the pre-67 boundaries has been vaccinated) have to quarantine, yet French and Americans do not.

Comment

We reached 130 million cases worldwide yesterday. The last ten million cases took 19 days. The ten million before that took 22 days, reflecting that globally cases have been increasing again, largely due to outbreaks in Brazil and mainland Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Delicieux View Post

I was sacked after contracting pneumonia during my probationary period at a facilities company.
              Fuckin probation periods man, what the fuck is that prison shit all about.
              my employers are apparantly looking to get rid of a probationary employee whos been off with covid for some months now,inclusive of a hospital stay on a ventilator

Comment

Scum.

Comment

British Columbia now has several hundred cases of the particularly virulent "Brazilian" P1 variant, including several of the Canucks NHL team, who have had more than a third of their playing staff test positive

Oue thoughts are with Amor and everyone else in BC

Comment

DeSantis has issued an Executive Order banning businesses and institutions from asking for vaccine passports. So if an anti-masker walks into my business, I can't protect myself and my other customers.

Even economically this seems counter-productive. Anyone who fears contracting the virus will stay home and not contribute to the businesses he aims to "protect" from the passports.

Comment

I wonder if that will withstand legal challenge

Comment

My Twitter feed is full.of pictures of a rammed Cardiff Bay with hundreds of people gathering to drink on the steps of the Senedd.

The Welsh Conservatives response to this is that it shows beer gardens need to be opened.

Comment

For years we've been hearing from right wing survivalists about how they're prepared for the upcoming Apocalypse. They have their cabins and compounds in the mountains ready.

When the first crisis happens, what do they do? Pretend it doesn't exist ,and go around without masks ,putting themselves in danger, while gathering with like minded types. Obviously, hunting wildlife for your dinner and processing rainwater or your own piss is more fun at the weekend than it is in real life.

Comment

On Thursday we reached over 700,000 new cases in one day worldwide for the first time since January 15th 2021. This is far from over.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                              My Twitter feed is full.of pictures of a rammed Cardiff Bay with hundreds of people gathering to drink on the steps of the Senedd.

The Welsh Conservatives response to this is that it shows beer gardens need to be opened.
                              At least with you it's the Tories, so it's on brand for them to suck. We had a similar sentiment expressed yesterday by the mayor of Amsterdam, who is from the Greens.

Comment

This is a long read from The Guardian about whether Eat Out To Help Out actually killed people

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/...t-him-his-life

Bob Pape was a beloved father and foster carer. Did ‘eat out to help out’ cost him his life?

Last August, Pape and his family went on a city break to Birmingham, making the most of chancellor Rishi Sunak’s discount scheme. The day after he arrived home, his symptoms began

Comment

This is an interesting piece. Depressing though, especially if you live in Canada.
                                  Vaccines have created the illusion that the pandemic’s end is close at hand. It’s giving rise to competitiveness, frustration, envy and utter carelessness. Meanwhile, the third wave is just getting started

Comment

Thoughts with you in Canada, AdC - it sounds really bad. This variant is going to spread everywhere eventually, and it sounds as if it anecdotally might be more virulent, especially in younger people. Not to mention its apparent vaccine resistance. This isn't even nearly over yet.

https://twitter.com/dockevinmcleod/status/1378499216683593732

Comment

Here's some evidence about the P1 variant's greater virulence in younger people:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1375982129331511299

Comment

Zero Covid approach is best, according to global study:

https://thetyee.ca/News/2021/04/02/C...ent-Zero-COVID

Comment

I need to stop reading about the P1 variant - it's starting to seriously worry me in the way that the pictures from Italy worried me in February last year...

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1375983917015126022

Comment

It is quite grim and Feigl-Ding is trying his best to make sure everyone knows
                                            Last edited by ursus arctos; 04-04-2021, 08:04.

Comment

Someone called Baroness Morrissey (no relation to Stephen Patrick, though obviously about as politically savvy) who is a tory member of the House of Lords and has some role at the foreign office has tweeted that the pandemic is made up by the Chinese Communist Party. "If people were dropping dead in the streets we'd notice" she points out (by this logic cancer and heart disease are also made up.)

Comment

Originally posted by ad hoc View Post
                                                Someone called Baroness Morrissey ... has tweeted that the pandemic is made up by the Chinese Communist Party. "If people were dropping dead in the streets we'd notice" she points out (by this logic cancer and heart disease are also made up.)
                                                That's not a useful metric to measure disease.

Comment

Yet another fund manager and a member of Eton's Board of Governors

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                                    It is quite grim and Feigl-Ding is trying his best to make sure everyone knows
                                                    Yeah, he was one of the first in the USA to really raise the alarm about Covid originally too. He definitely hammers his points home again and again on twitter, but over-reaction does seem more appropriate than under-reaction in such cases.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X