No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a coward. He's not a leader. He cannot make difficult decisions. He wants to be popular.

But most of all because he's a narcissistic, sociopathic piece of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
      Because he never makes a decision until he absolutely has to. His style is procrastinate until there are no choices left.
      And preferably late on a Sunday afternoon when we're too stuffed/bored/filled with Monday dread to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Sporting View Post
        Johnson says he is reconciled to imposing tighter restrictions soon.

Why soon? Why not now?
        You'd think one thing the government might have learned is that the earlier you impose measures, the sooner you get things under control. But no apparently they are without any ability to learn from experience.

Comment

There are no consequences for anything this government does and therefore no incentive to improve

Comment

So, if restrictions are about to get tougher, how might that happen? That's assuming that that doesn't just mean everyone goes into Tier 4.

In order I would guess

Schools close
            Playgrounds close
            Greater restrictions on travelling around the country (I would like to see exercise only limited to within 10k or so of your home)
            More checks on if your travel is really necessary

What might I be missing above?

Comment

Here's a link to the NEU/Unison petition to make schools safe

220 000 have signed already

Comment

And here are the right wingers pushing dodgy Covid narratives

https://twitter.com/peterkgeoghegan/status/1345733031584296962?s=21

Comment

The top two headlines on the BBC today are "PM says tougher lockdown restrictions may be needed" and "PM says send your children to school on Monday" because they're "safe". As if that isn't contradictory enough, most schools only open on Tuesday anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post

Evening curfew?

Kirsty Allsop has sadly come to my attention on Twitter. What an utter f*cling c*nt she is. Twitter really is a terrifying place when you glimpse inside the fascist's rabbit hole.

Comment

Curfew. Yes, possible.

Comment

Bavaria has a 9pm curfew.

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                          The top two headlines on the BBC today are "PM says tougher lockdown restrictions may be needed" and "PM says send your children to school on Monday" because they're "safe". As if that isn't contradictory enough, most schools only open on Tuesday anyway.
                          The PM has scant regard for where his own children are, let alone anyone else's.

Comment

Oftsted run by a Tory place person isomers guidance behind the Telegraph paywall

https://twitter.com/gbuskell/status/1345699154102775808?s=21

Comment

Today's figures have put the total number of deaths past 75,000.

Comment

Keith wants a national lockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                                  Keith wants a national lockdown.
                                  Except for schools
                                  https://twitter.com/shehabkhan/status/1345759964590178309?s=21

Comment

In not at all alarming statistics, the latest test positivity rate (as of a few days ago so it's almost certainly even higher now) is 27% in London and 17% for England overall

Comment

Is it (relatively) easy to get a test in Britain at the moment, or are they only being reserved for people who appear to be sick or have been in prolonged contact with known cases?

Comment

The NASUWT breaks ranks - it doesn't appear to be going down well ...

https://twitter.com/NASUWT/status/1345741836124618753

Comment

Always had a nasty streak. I remember the NAS as the union that fought for the retention of its members' right to beat children.
                                          Last edited by DCI Harry Batt; 03-01-2021, 16:31.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1345760430975832064?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Jimski View Post
                                              The NASUWT breaks ranks - it doesn't appear to be going down well ...

https://twitter.com/NASUWT/status/1345741836124618753
                                              The only reason I'm a member of NASUWT and not NEU is that the regional branch of NASUWT is quite good, the NEU was absolutely appalling. I had major issues that needed resolving and they did nothing.

Complaints to the head office of NEU went nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by diggedy derek View Post
                                                So, if restrictions are about to get tougher, how might that happen? That's assuming that that doesn't just mean everyone goes into Tier 4.

In order I would guess

Schools close
                                                Playgrounds close
                                                Greater restrictions on travelling around the country (I would like to see exercise only limited to within 10k or so of your home)
                                                More checks on if your travel is really necessary

Properly enforced quarantine for arrivals in commandeered hotels. But that's not going to happen. And it's too late to do it for close contacts.

Comment

Originally posted by Forest Gump View Post
                                                  I've never seen the Covid testing centre near us with more than a couple of people there. Yesterday the queue was ten-deep.
                                                  Pent up demand after the holiday, I suspect.

Comment

Close the Zoos

https://twitter.com/DanielHewittITV/status/1345767922657062914?s=20

Comment

Working...
                                                    X