No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes no sense to me. Surely the approval process for these vaccines is tied to how they are supposed to be used?!? As in, in accordance with the outcome of the Phase 3 trials. You can't just subsequently make shit up.

Comment

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
      Positivity rate in Massachusetts (both daily and 7-day average) has been higher for each of the past 6 days than it has been on any day in the preceding 6 months. The actual infection numbers have been pretty flat for the last month, but I am worried that that is an illusion caused by falling testing numbers. I hope I'm wrong.
      The good news in the failure of the Patriots vastly reduces their need to hang out and Masshole.

Comment

https://twitter.com/doctor_oxford/status/1345089276355223553?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          Anti-maskers. I hope they don't get Covid but they probably will.the dipshit twunts.

https://twitter.com/mbklee_/status/1344795588039208961?s=19
          I find myself wondering if perhaps the best way to get these complete fucking morons to wear a mask is to use a bit of reverse psychology, and tell them that they are no longer entitled to wear one under any circumstances, and will be arrested if they are seen to be doing so.

Comment

https://twitter.com/kendallybrown/status/1345060443426054150

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
              Anti-maskers. I hope they don't get Covid but they probably will.the dipshit twunts.

https://twitter.com/mbklee_/status/1344795588039208961?s=19
              Sometimes some people just need to be punched hard in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                It makes no sense to me. Surely the approval process for these vaccines is tied to how they are supposed to be used?!? As in, in accordance with the outcome of the Phase 3 trials. You can't just subsequently make shit up.
                And shouldn't the application of two different vaccines have been tested to a) demonstrate it works b) doesn't lead to any side affects ?

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

I'd like Janik to comment on this. Is this normal practice?
                  Absolutely not. The safety and efficacy tests have only done on vaccines when used as intended. Put me as another saying WTAF about this wheeze.

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post
                    What he said.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                      Absolutely not. The safety and efficacy tests have only done on vaccines when used as intended. Put me as another saying WTAF about this wheeze.
                      Is this poor planning and logistics rather than something more sinister?

Comment

This is an interesting addition to the discussion.
                        https://twitter.com/curexcomplex/sta...226313218?s=19

Comment

The USA now has twice as many confirmed Covid-19 cases (20.6 million+) as the next worst affected country (India with 10.3 million+ cases) and India has more than 4 times the population of the USA.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mcash/status/1345334856956452865?s=21

Comment

Pointed out in Marina Hyde's column on how Johnson sees himself as the victim in all of this and his lack of empathy - this is an extract from the 19 December press briefing. In this case "Laura" is a member of the public, not Laura K.

Laura: (17:07)
                              Why are shielders still expected to work in Tier three. As somebody who’s already lost two loved ones to COVID, this terrifies me. Thank you.

Boris Johnson: (17:19)
                              Well, Laura, your question why are shielders are still expected to work in tier three, those who are shielding those who are vulnerable, should of course take every step to protect themselves. And Laura, I hope very much that you will not be asked to work if you’re shielding. Chris, anything you want to add to that?

Chris Whitty: (17:43)
                              Well, I mean, I think first thing to say, is I’m really sorry to hear about your two relatives who died from this virus.

Comment

Today's figures from Wales include 70 reported deaths, taking us over 3,500. We have also exceeded 150,000 cases.

Had an interesting conversation on Twitter with a researcher I know who has graphs of prescribing data that shows increases in antidepressants being prescribed in 2020, but when you put them in context the rise is in line with rises in thd preceding 3 years. The trend line is fairly stable. So more are being prescribed but not more than you would expect to be prescribed.

Comment

The headteachers' union is getting involved now too- https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...er-covid-fears

We've emailed our primary school headteacher saying we don't want out two to go back, given SAGE advice and the teaching union stance. Hopefully other parents will do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post

Is this poor planning and logistics rather than something more sinister?
                                    I’m guessing the former, but that is pure speculation (and to be fair, the planning and logistics of this are very onerous). I have no specific knowledge of this though, so no weight should be placed on that opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Janik View Post
                                      I’m guessing the former, but that is pure speculation (and to be fair, the planning and logistics of this are very onerous). I have no specific knowledge of this though, so no weight should be placed on that opinion.
                                      Did you see John's link? The explanation given by the immunologist seemed very plausible.

Comment

A drug is approved for a specific indication with specific instructions, and the manufacturer can only promote it for those indications, but doctors can use it however they see fit. Of course, they can be sued for malpractice and in National systems like the UK’s, they have other restrictions.

There’s no incentive, or reason, for the manufacturers to run a massive expensive trial of mixed and matched vaccines. But if they’re going to do that, it should be in a prospectively designed study. Not just randomly handing out different vaccines.

Comment

The link that johnr posted

https://twitter.com/curexcomplex/status/1345148662226313218

It is certainly plausible that this is at root another massive communications own goal by the government.

Comment

Complete incoherence is not unexpected. As is trying to wash your hand of responsibility and hand it on down, just like the federal government has done.

But there are counties in Oklahoma with only 2,000 residents. How are they expected to organise something like this?

Comment

By using Sign Up Genius, it appears.

Comment

Did they send out a survey monkey to determine priority orders already then?

Comment

57,725 new cases in the UK today. A new high. On a Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X