Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nefertiti2 View Post
    I've seen a few celebratory posts on facebook about this.
    'we're British, we do what we want' was the theme.
    If I read correctly, there's 12 million elderly in the UK, estimated to be 600000 people suffering with some form of cancer, and that's not counting the conditions which lower the immune system.
    With this being airborne, and the potential to catch it from 1.8 meters being established, I wonder how many compromised people will come into contact with this crowd?
    The selfishness is just incredible.
    Absolute bastards to a person.

Comment

And the Irish half of them should all be quarantined.

Comment

Clearly he misspoke, what he meant is that Britain and Ireland are excluded because I own golf resorts there

Comment

NY Fed rocking dglh's world

Comment

Not to suggest that it is on the list of top 1000 concerns, but I'm curious as to how the business interruption insurance market is holding up.

Tobes or FF, any insight?

Comment

The editor of The Lancet

[URL]https://twitter.com/richardhorton1/status/1238097484737634306?s=21[/URL]

Comment

There's a certain cruel irony in that the press's beloved "head in hands" photos for stock market crashes also illustrate poor COVID-19 mitigation technique.

Comment

So, Spain has 782 new cases and 31 new deaths today. I haven't heard much about the response there. Are they closing schools?

Comment

Madrid did over the weekend

Many are about to go on break

Comment

Originally posted by Balderdasha View Post
                      So, Spain has 782 new cases and 31 new deaths today. I haven't heard much about the response there. Are they closing schools?
                      Some info here about Catalonia closing schools and unis as of tomorrow.

Comment

My inbox is wild right now

The NY Philharmonic is offering deeply discounted tickets

I have invitations to two different "interfaith calls" from non-religious charities and campaigns we support

The Economist assures me that I will always be able to access the digital edition

Colleagues asking me about Italy as if I was still there, etc
                        Last edited by ursus arctos; 12-03-2020, 17:20.

Comment

https://twitter.com/H_E_Samuel/status/1238134725312688129

Comment

The Mirror is reporting that Euro 2020 will be postponed until the summer of 2021.

Comment

Trump just praised Varadkar for the UK's response to the crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post
                                The Mirror is reporting that Euro 2020 will be postponed until the summer of 2021.
                                We better not qualify.

Another year of Mick Mac, I'll choose Corona over that

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/pickardje/status/1238017654197231619?s=21[/URL]

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/nprfreshair/status/1238144857018896386[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

We better not qualify.

Another year of Mick Mac, I'll choose Corona over that
                                      There could be a fascinating argument over that contract. If the tournament isn't held this year, does he get to see it out? Or is it terminated as of the date that the tournament was scheduled to end?

Comment

2,651 new cases and 189 new deaths in Italy today.

Comment

https://twitter.com/AnaCabrera/status/1238126303238410243

Comment

Mitch McConnell - never knowingly underestimated.

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
                                              Trump just praised Varadkar for the UK's response to the crisis
                                              Even setting aside the country mix-up, top headline on Bloomberg right now:

Comment

Cor, scientific bods at the Prime Minister's press conference speculating that the peak might still be 10-14 weeks away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Yellow View Post
                                                  Mitch McConnell - never knowingly underestimated.
                                                  Assuming that there are future historians, they are going to have a field day with his reign

If only we could clone Robert Caro

Comment

Originally posted by Incandenza View Post

There could be a fascinating argument over that contract. If the tournament isn't held this year, does he get to see it out? Or is it terminated as of the date that the tournament was scheduled to end?
                                                    Surely Manager Mick will want to claim that sweet 1 million quid "loyalty bonus" sooner rather than later

Comment

Working...
                                                    X