No announcement yet.

Covid-19 pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Great Ormond Street transplant team have just emailed my girlfriend to say we should keep her 11 y/o son, who's immunosuppressed due to a heart transplant, off school from tomorrow.

We're now considering whether we should keep his younger brother and older sister at home too. We're lucky in that we both work from home (at least during the day, I'm often gigging in the evenings) but even so its going to cause all sorts of logistical, childcare problems.

Comment

A journalist asks what happens with tonight's parliamentary debate. Dutch parliament has 150 members.

The PM says that the measure is announced now, and it's up to parliament to decide how to implement it.
      Last edited by Wouter D; 12-03-2020, 14:42. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by ursus arctos View Post
        The wild card here is the reaction of the "markets", which are (correctly) concluding that all bets are off in an environment where national leadership is at best incompetent and more often malign.

Not only is that setting on fire a meaningful portion of the net wealth of GOP officials and their backers, but it has to be causing the likes of McConnell to fear that losing the Senate is now a real possibility.

And losing the Senate would mean the end of their entire "project".
        if you call off elections you don't need to worry about losing the Senate...

Handy if you have an army of white nationalists on call. Tell em the virus is a scam to take their guns away and fill the country with diseased latinxs Muslims and Commies.

Comment

I
          I feel this would have been less alarming / confusing with a semi colon instead of a comma.

Comment

School's closed in my town from Today. We are about 40 minutes from New Rochelle.

Comment

This is a very real problem

https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1238104308803088384

Comment

Bolsonaro is reportedly being tested - he's just returned from Mar-a-Lago, and of course Varadkar is meeting Trump currently.

Comment

Bolsonaro's press secretary is presumed to be positive, and he was photographed giving Trump a "Make Brazil Great Again" hat and shaking hands last weekend.

Meanwhile,

https://twitter.com/Beltrew/status/1238122709877501952

Comment

8oz bottles of hand sanitizer changing hands at $20 each in Midtown NYC.

Comment

Bridgewater never miss a trick, eh?

Comment

Short the market, long alcohol.

Comment

Johnson will be miffed, as Sturgeon is briefing the press on the outcome of the COBRA meeting.

Comment

Ray needs a new private island, now that social distancing in his world is measured in nautical miles

Comment

The drugstore and supermarket had isopropyl alcohol in stock the other day. Has that not caught on yet as a substitute?

Comment

ECB didn't cut rates. Not much point when they're already deeply negative, I suppose, but even so a pretty surreal introductory statement.
                                To sum up, a cross-check of the outcome of the economic analysis with the signals coming from the monetary analysis confirmed that an ample degree of monetary accommodation is necessary for the robust convergence of inflation to levels that are below, but close to, 2% over the medium term.
                                Yeah, that'll do it.

Comment

Wow. That is ample gobbledygook.

Comment

Marginally better then gaslighting, I guess

Comment

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1238126874137681922

Comment

Originally posted by caja-dglh View Post
                                        8oz bottles of hand sanitizer changing hands at $20 each in Midtown NYC.
                                        A colleague's husband was about to pay £200 on ebay for a 5 litre bottle yesterday, before she vetoed it.

Comment

Originally posted by pebblethefish View Post
                                          I
                                          I feel this would have been less alarming / confusing with a semi colon instead of a comma.
                                          They have since changed it, suspect they've had extensive feedback.

Comment

[URL]https://twitter.com/JimmyJazz1968/status/1238137780540076032[/URL]

Comment

Could explain his sudden change from "everything is fine" to "shut down all the European flights".

Comment

https://twitter.com/CameronAhmad/status/1238131151874732032

Comment

Originally posted by anton pulisov View Post

Could explain his sudden change from "everything is fine" to "shut down all the European flights".
                                                  I wonder is he going to stick with choosing his doctors based on their willingness to lie about his BMI, and the growing void in the centre of his brain.

Comment

You what now?

US President Donald Trump spoke to journalists in the White House about his decision on Wednesday to suspend entry from most of Europe to the US......
                                                    • Britain is excluded from the travel ban because it is "doing a good job in tackling the coronavirus"

Comment

Working...
                                                    X